Broken Harmonic Balancer, how to remove it? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Broken Harmonic Balancer, how to remove it?

Mikestelz

Reaction score
City, State
Port Townsend, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
One of the tabs on the harmonic balancer broke off. The puller will no longer work . I’m looking for any information on how to remove it now.

Thanks,
Mike

IMG_2239.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Use a large 3 jaw puller and grab the outer rim of the balancer (where the belt goes)

Also you should start soaking the bolt and behind it with some pb Blaster

why is the head of the bolt all beat up, maybe just the way it looks? Did you try removing the balancer without removing the bolt? As already stated you just need a 3 jaw puller to remove it, shouldn't be that difficult to remove other than lack of room can make it a pain.

why is the head of the bolt all beat up, maybe just the way it looks? Did you try removing the balancer without removing the bolt? As already stated you just need a 3 jaw puller to remove it, shouldn't be that difficult to remove other than lack of room can make it a pain.

I dud take the bolt out, when i originally tried to remove the balancer. One of the tabs is broken and the puller I have wouldn’t grab it. I went Ang got a different kind of puller and after some finagling, it finally came off. Thanks for your help

One of the tabs on the harmonic balancer broke off. The puller will no longer work . I’m looking for any information on how to remove it now.

Thanks,
Mike
Welcome to the Forum Mike. :wave:

Peter

Back