broken oil dip stick???

cashmoney37

Reaction score
City, State
South Bend, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mountaineer
:mad:
i just installed some torque monster headers, and during the install i was trying to pull the oil dip stick out and i broke it off flush with the block. now i need to figure out how to get the broken peice out? any i deas?

can i drive it with out the dipstick or will it leak oil??

help any one, thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It will leak out....

I know the Trans Dipstick assembly is NLA...I never asked about the Engine Oil Dipstick Assy...try the dealer on Monday.

Ryan

I can't really think of any other solution than to drain the oil and punch the piece of tube down into the pan and retrieve it through the drain plug hole. The piece of tube will fall to the lowest point of the pan so if you have a magnet on a flexible wire you should be able to fish it out.

I just think it would be virtually impossible to pull it out so pushing it into the pan is the best bet.

There is so much oil splashing around when the engine is running that you will most likely lose some oil through the hole when it is running. If you can plug it up somehow until you get a new tube, then that should be fine.

that sucks its to late tonight for me to do any thing, i will probably have to plug it tom after work. u think i will lose alot of oil i only need to drive total like 15 miles.

what could i plug it with? a self taping bolt? any ideas

Heck, if you have a self tapping screw that is just a little larger than the hole you may be able to use it to remove the piece of tube left in there. A little RTV silicone and a screw/bolt or something and it should seal just fine as a temp fix.

cool, thanks for the advice. thats what im a try n do. wish me luck

Back