broken vanity mirror | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

broken vanity mirror

In post #16 there is a list of all the colors and part numbers. I posted the tsb so you guys would have all the info.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So if my 07 is out of warranty, I need to pay out of pocket? If so what is the part number, and can I order somewhere online cheaper than the dealership.

if you are out of warranty, and dont have esp then most likely you will.

also you are probably better off just going and letting the parts person look up the part number since the tsb part numbers could be supper seeded also. it is a 3 year old tsb.

So if my 07 is out of warranty, I need to pay out of pocket? If so what is the part number, and can I order somewhere online cheaper than the dealership.

Yep. The part number is:
<04104
Sun Visor
Less Sliding Roof ; Charcoal Black Interior, XLT, With Non Illum Sunvisor - Passenger (Right)
$77-$128.00

Not sure if its each or if thats for both. Either way its much cheaper than what I paid.

Hope this helps,
Nate

Good to see there may be a better part available. I'll have my parts guy see what his price is. We had both replaced at about 1 yr and 21K miles. Then one of them broke again at almost 3 yrs and 34K miles. Now the other one broke, after the warranty was out in July. And we don't really use them at all. I'm seriously thinking about cutting the pivot tabs off the mirror part just to make it look cleaner. I already cut the power wire for the light. This is so far the only complaint we have on our EB.

TRB - Let us know what you find out about pricing.

I also need to replace both mirrors on my 07 EB.

Thanks.

I know this is an older thread but I made my replacement passenger hinge outta wood and it works great. Would anyone like to see a pic?

Sure!

yes please (pic)

I took the pics but ran late for work so I couldnt get them posted this morning; will do it after work today, Gents.

Regards.

Cool, no rush.

3 years and no problems....knock on wood (pun intended) I've been meaning to fine-sand it and finish it with a matching color but never got around to it.
(dead links)

natlmatch - Nicely done visor hinge in wood. But the hinge they are talking about is the small plastic hinge on the visor vanity mirror cover.

natlmatch - Nicely done visor hinge in wood. But the hinge they are talking about is the small plastic hinge on the visor vanity mirror cover.

My apologies, I thought I saw someone also mentioned the hinges themselves as well...that'll teach me to read closer next time.

My apologies, I thought I saw someone also mentioned the hinges themselves as well...that'll teach me to read closer next time.

No apologies needed. Your pic was excellent.

Great job on that hinge mate:thumbsup:. I'll have to keep this thread in mind if I ever break mine.

About $250 for the pair on my 2007 EB (camel interior/moonroof equippred), I ordered them today. Hopefully they have truly "upgraded" hinges on the mirror covers.

Still holding

Mine were replaced under warranty in early 2010. They are still holding up. My wife gives her side a work out with her makeup needs!

Our car is garaged most of the time. That could maker a difference. I did not see any difference between the old and the new!

I am sure they strengthended the plastic somehow.

We will see.:)

^^ Thanks for the report on your visor mirror cover fix so far.

My Eddie Bauer goes in next Tuesday for new ones.

My passenger side visor vanity mirror cover broke last year on my '07 Eddie Bauer Explorer. I paid for and installed a new one myself. Now the drivers side one broke when I pulled down my visor, and I never even use it. Seems to be inferior plastic. It really needs to be replaced since the cover keeps the vanity mirror light off. Am I going to have to pay for another one? If so, this is ridiculous. The TSB mentioned above is unclear as to whether I would need to pay for another one. The vehicle is out of the bumper to bumper warranty.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Both of mine were replaced recently on my 2007 EB, at my expense.

Back