broken vanity mirror | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

broken vanity mirror

Can't access sun visor electrical connector

I know this is an old thread...

I just purchased a 2008 Eddie Bauer and found one of the vanity mirror hinges cracked on each visor. I purchased replacement visors (~$80 ea) from a dealer.

Today I tried to replace one of the visors - it happened to be the passenger side...I removed the screws that hold the visor in place, but I was unable to pull the wire out far enough to reach the electrical connector. Do I need to do something different to get to the connector?

Thanks.

Joe

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know this is an old thread...

I just purchased a 2008 Eddie Bauer and found one of the vanity mirror hinges cracked on each visor. I purchased replacement visors (~$80 ea) from a dealer.

Today I tried to replace one of the visors - it happened to be the passenger side...I removed the screws that hold the visor in place, but I was unable to pull the wire out far enough to reach the electrical connector. Do I need to do something different to get to the connector?

Thanks.

Joe

I just replaced my passenger side visor, my cost at dealer with a supposed discount was $104.00. The wire will come down, mine was stuck up there, I pulled back a little on the headliner and got my finger in there and after a bit, I was able to pull the wire down. Be carefull in placing the wire back in there, so you don't pinch it with the bracket or one of the screws.
Good luck, be patient you'll get it.

Can anyone suggest the best place to purchase replacement vanity mirrors? I have the part #'s but prefer not to buy them from the dealership. Assume you can find them less expensive on line.

Can anyone suggest the best place to purchase replacement vanity mirrors? I have the part #'s but prefer not to buy them from the dealership. Assume you can find them less expensive on line.

Google is a great choice to start. Type in the ford part number and search for sellers of that item. Amazon has parts from time to time and ebay as well.

I have the same issue haven't been able to find the small vanity light cover as an oderable part # anybody help here? I am way out of warranty and my wife uses this damn mirror everytime we get in the car I understand it is a defective part but Ford only sees that my 2008 well maintained Eddi Bauer is 6 years old...

Back