sirhk100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
las vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91
1st check out this ad

"Bronco/F-150 progressive coils, 4" above stock. Not sure of the make. Will trade for 2" lift coils or sell $75. Please e-mail."

Now I've heard about some people running F150 coils in their Explorers. I'll do a search and try to find out some info but could anyone post here that's done it and let me know if they were a direct fit and if so what F150 they came out of.

I've already sitting with 6" of lift and am planning on putting on extended radius arms with heim joints in a couple weeks. I currently experience a boat like swaying action above 65mph and I think it's cause my springs are too soft. I'm still running a sway bar and my front shocks are still good. Do any of you think this coils may fix my problem? Do you think they will make me Explorer sit too high? Will they be too stiff? I plan on getting my front end aligned with the cams and all after I get the radius arms on so I figure it would be better to get the right coils and ride height set up before that also to keep from spending the money on an alignment twice.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll definately keep that in mind. If someone replies positively to this thread and my questions I'll probably try them out and if they work out the coils are definately yours. I promissed another guy my drop brackets and stuff when I finish my front end up so I could just give him what ever coils I'm running then cause I'm going to keep which ever is working better for my needs.

Oh, check out the picture in my profile section under homepage or what ever it's listed under. That's the front end sitting on 32" tires with just the coils and no spacers of any kind, make sure that's about the height you're looking for.

Bump,

Are you guys serious, no one has swapped in F150 coils. I searched and found lots of talk about doing it but no one ever repied that they had actually gone through with it!!

I think the bottom of the coil is the same with a single bolt and round plate to hold it in, but the coils are 5" not 4.75" like the X's. You would have to modify the coils buckets.

Back