Brother is looking at a Jeep...what do I need to warn him about? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Brother is looking at a Jeep...what do I need to warn him about?

Willard

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bloomington, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ranger Edge
So my brother is looking at buying this Jeep. 2000 Cherokee Classic to be exact. All stock as far as I know. Has the 4.0L, 4 speed OD auto, Select trac (2wd, AWD, 4wd, 4L).

What does he need to look for? I didn't know if these things still had the CAD in 2000, but I mentioned it to him anyways. He's not going to be modding/off-roading this, just a street machine (where they belong :D). It has low miles, less than 50k, can't remember the exact number. As far as I know the transmissions are good, I know the 4.0L is rock solid.

Tell me what you know, I wasn't having much luck trying to find info on these things. Thanks in advance to whoever replies.

One of my buddies had one of that body style. I think the only problem he had was from some electrical issues with the dash. Not sure what they were. I nice fist pound on the dash would fix thing temporarily. Eventually, he got if fixed before he sold it. I think the dealer repair was under $200...

If your looking for more information check NAXJA or jeepforum and you will find anything you need to know about a jeep

Back