Budget build Bronco II, cheap & capable | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Budget build Bronco II, cheap & capable

Well doing couple mods, most are parts I have accumulated over time, and dont have much money invested from buying and selling left over parts. Only expensive items is just ordered 5 new 31.1150 Ltbs; and 2 inch lift coils
add ons explorer rear springs
8.8 disc brake rear, installing 4.10s that were removed from my mustang
dana 35 front swap 4.10s have from parts ranger
likley custom fabed radius arms?? if time permits
welded rear, open front
tube doors, custom bumpers
misc tuning to get running better and 1354 manual t-case

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

100_1456.jpg

100_1457.jpg

100_1458.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

100_1459.jpg

Sitting outside patiently waiting for some attention, but so many projects so little time
100_1452.jpg

It was 1in & 3/4 DOM 1/4 thick, so had 1in & 1/4 Id, and i had weld in inserts for that size, it really wasnt all that hard to do, i did end up with little bit worse pinion angle than stock, but i can live with it.
Thanks

Now its off to get the machining done, then to the welder, i am pretty confident that properly welded that there should not be any problems. I will drive it hard and report back if anything happens, also at this point i'm only $20 dollars invested on the 1/2 plate for adapter since i had all the other parts and tools. I think i will complete it all for under $200ea. Also building 2 doublers, so my friend can put one in his explorer.

Picked up, my doubler shaft today from machine shop, still need to get welded, but was $98 for the work, has been machined and pressed together, looks good.

Well here it is, still needs welded, so busy working on 3 trucks and a car now, lol
100_1675.jpg

Also new plans, thinking about selling the 31's running my extra 33in boggers that are on fullsize 5 lug pattern, so doing dana 44 knuckle swap the getting chromo shafts in rear with correct bolt pattern.
Also thinking of chop top and all body accept floor and windshield, doing tube roll bar body, since shes getting alittle ruff.
Few pics from getting stuck yesterday, rear bumper was stuck in the dirt.

Damn, between this BII and the mud Ranger, you sure know how to have fun. :thumbsup:

Yea i just hope after this year i wont be wrenching so much, Im ready for more trips and wheeling less projects.

doubler progress

awsome rig, I have been thinking of building a doubler to but am undecided how to do it, so I am very interested in seeing how you do yours and how it holds up, keep us posted. again nice wheeler

No problem, I will test it hardcore, hope to have bronco completed this fall/winter along with my explorer.

Back