built ford tough!

LONO100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bay Area CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport trac XLT
I lent my trac to my sister this week so she could pick up some lumber for a deck she's building and while she was peeking out to make a left turn, a Prius came whizzing by and my trac took some damage. Not much, most of it will buff out, and I will need to repaint my bumper black (I needed to touch it up after 5 years anyway) and probably tighten down a tab that got loose. I was surprised that the paint wasn't even scraped off where the Prius made contact with it.

Here's my bumper after the collision, my trac didn't even crack paint:
V__D2FF_zpsmgixacnh.jpg

Can't say the same about the Prius:
V__7CD2_zpsiyguzkj5.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jeez, that Prius got a little thrashed.

Not sure how it's going for ya as far as who's at fault and insurance. But that Toyota has been in an accident before, notice the front bumper is a different color.
Anyways glad to see everyone is ok, and the Ford won :D

Wow that's amazing how little damage you got from it. Glad it wasn't more serious.

Everyone was okay so that's why I kid, it was technically my sisters fault, but I called my insurance and they said that since I wasn't driving my rates/premiums wouldn't go up and that it would just be a blemish on my sisters driving record, so its all good. I agree about that fender, I was thinking the same thing. I just can't believe how little damage my truck took when you see how much damage that prius took.

As an antedote, a Dodge Ram 1500 turned left in front of my '04 Ranger and I t-boned him. Had to tow the Ram off, I drove away.

Back