Bumper or Grille Guard

StsDroog

Reaction score
City, State
Denver
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 XLT
Hey all,
First post here. I have a 06 XLT V6 and was wondering if you folks had any recommendations as to where to get a Bumper or Grille Guard for it? I just came out of a lifted (6in.) YJ as a daily driver and I wanted to beef up my X a bit more. Mostly to protect it from ****ty driving habits I picked up while driving that tank. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

These Bull Bars are available in chrome too....though I've yet to see a good picture of one on an 06-07.

That is my problem.. I can't seem to find any pics online... I would hate to pick up a Grille guard (especially on ebay) and then have to return it.

Here is a pic of my 06' Xlt 4x4. With a KKM intake, westin bull bar, hella 500 with upgraded 100 watt bulbs, silverstar driving, fog, and turnsignal bulbs, yakima rack system, and Peripheral ipod adapter.

Picture001.jpg

Here is a pic of my 06' Xlt 4x4. With a KKM intake, westin bull bar, hella 500 with upgraded 100 watt bulbs, silverstar driving, fog, and turnsignal bulbs, yakima rack system, and Peripheral ipod adapter.
Great looking X. Did you have to trim your lower air damn to install the bull bar? There is a footnote on the Westin site saying it "may" be necessary.

Thanks!

Ya i just pulled off the air damn to put the bar on fast. It looks like a dremel will do the job for the trim. Anyone think the air damn makes any diffenece for anything?

Air dam

;)I know that it doesn't make a difference because i pulled it off and it did not change my fuel mileage or add any wind noise, I pulled the one infront of the front cross member, not the airdam attached to the bumper, i did this when i put tow hooks on my EX:exporange

;)I know that it doesn't make a difference because i pulled it off and it did not change my fuel mileage or add any wind noise, I pulled the one infront of the front cross member, not the airdam attached to the bumper, i did this when i put tow hooks on my EX:exporange

Essex,
Do you have any pics of your ex? Also where are some good tow points for the 06?I have had mine ina few pickles out on the trail and just wanted some advice. I dont think most folks take these things off road.... :)

Essex,
Do you have any pics of your ex? Also where are some good tow points for the 06?I have had mine ina few pickles out on the trail and just wanted some advice. I dont think most folks take these things off road.... :)

StsDroog i will try and get some pics:exporange of my tow hooks so you can see what i did. As for tow points my ex is totaly stock except for license plate cover, and SilvaniaSilverstar's:thumbsup:, and the tow hooks. Financially i am unable to to much to my Ex:( Before i put the tow hooks on i just took a strap and wrapped it around my front cross member, thats where i have my tow hooks, there attached to the bottom of the crossmember. As for towing in the rear i only have a 1/14 inch hitch but, you can push a tow strap through the tow hitch cause it goes through the last cross member and just pull it around and stick the other end through the loop on the end of the strap.

Basically the front and rear cross members are your best bet for pulling;)

If you opt out to do the tow hooks on the front rip that air dam infront of the radiator off it makes towing eaisier:thumbsup:

Nice looking truck! Does the PD give you any problems about the front plate being obstructed?

A company named Go Rhino makes the push bumpers on police cars and I have one of their units on my F-150. Give them a call.

grille-3000-guard-only_12.jpg

grille-3000-stepguard_12.jpg

level_3.jpg

Back