Bumper Painting Cost | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bumper Painting Cost

Simple question...how much should or will it cost for me to get my front and back bumpers painted to match the rest of my truck? Im looking for an estimate so I can know what im dealing with. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Around here the front bumper alone cost $350 and that is at the low end $$$, which means the quality of it is not job one. To save a little more you could remove and drop off the bumpers and install them yourself when done. Word of caution though, they are very heavy! Make sure you have at least another person with you when removing and installing them.

Since you have a 2000, the bumper will not weigh nearly as much as a chromed steel bumper. I pulled the plastic one on my 99 of by myself. The rear one, I would still reccomend a friend for as it is steel.

Just like X~FACTOR said, save yourself some money and remove them yourself. Every bit counts, and you can still drive your truck around without bumpers. :D They will also have the bumpers for less time if you do some extra prep like pull the plastic bumper pad off and remove the reinforcement for the front bumper cover.

Shop around...summer is the slowest time for body shops so their prices usually are lower for small jobs. I would think $200. I had mine done on the 96X but it was a friend so the price ($100) isnt comparable. Be sure they use a lot of the flex agent in the paint so it doesnt crack. The paint will not hold up as good as the impregnated color without the flex stuff.

About $400.00 or there abouts for R&I and paint.

or do it yourself for $100.

How's your DIY bumper paint job holding up from the winter, Hydroxy? No peeling, chipping, or anything?

Back