• Register Today It's free!

Bumpers PLZ!!!!!

Mongo420

Reaction score
City, State
Brookings, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 4x4
Hey just wondering if anyone might know where to get a good off road bumper for my 91 "ex" i dont care what style or type i just need to replace my bumper and figered i might as well go with something a little beefier thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pretty much you only option for the first Gen is a welder and a torch... Gotta build your own or hope to find someone who has and buy theres. Search for bumpers on here...there's lots of nice looking ones, just not so many aftermarket ones available. We don't quite get "jeep support" for these rigs...

Actually BBPfab.com is making a bunch of Gen1 bumpers. Check out his site, give him a call and see what he can do.

Here is mine.
HPIM1412.jpg

OOOPS...forgot about Pottsy... my bad...

Alright then... there is 1 company that does...

www.BBPfab.com :D

cool thanks what about rear bumbers

What's a bumber? Sounds non-hetero. :D

I'm looking for options on a rear as well. Mine keeps digging up all the ravines.

like someone said above.. other than BBP there arent very many companies with aftermarket support for Explorers. knowing someone with some fab skills is usually the best bet, thats where I got mine

100_1161.jpg

100_1059-1.jpg

lol well looks like time to pull out my rusty ol torch and borrow my buddies welder thank you for the reply guys

Bolt on stuff is more of a jeep thing :thumbsup:

Made the bumper with a cutting torch, chop saw, drill, arc welder, grinder, some clamps, and metal that my dad fortunately had laying around. I will have to invest in a pipe bender one of these days.
ex0053.jpg

lmao good point. i just need to go buy some metal and get to work.

Back