• Register Today It's free!

Burnout

ImpactF0nt

Reaction score
City, State
Northwest Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
Can you even burnout one of these 98 awd explorers?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need snow or a very large puddle, or supercharger

Yes, you'll need a 4406....so I guess that's a no unless you remove the front driveshaft.

A puddle of oil under the tire will do it, but if that's what I wanted I'd buy some small foreign car and beat on that...

Not on dry pavement, without some kind of power adder.

Even without my front driveshaft I couldn't rear tires loose. Of course, my LS is still tight, and this was on 10.5 inch wide Kelly TSR’s which have good pavement grip. No factory AWD suv will do an impressive burnout.

I'll just stick this here.

Those Typhoons were badass.

Lol, well the typhoon/cyclone were kinda in a class of their own. There’s an unmolested cyclone for sale by my house, but the guy has a high rise camper top on it. Silly.

If you make a sharp right turn form a stand still with the 4.10 open rear gear going up a slight incline, you can get enough smoke to make an ant's eyes water.

I had a friend years ago who had a 99 sohc explorer, auto and had just replaced the transmission. He immediately tried to do a burn out and succeeded in ripping the front driveshaft out of it. I found it funny when he told me because to me it was an obvious thing not to do.

Back