• Register Today It's free!

BWM in aussie ex

toon5176

Reaction score
City, State
Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 v8 4x4 xlt
Tried to do the brown wire mod on my 04 v8 but I'm having trouble finding which brown wire I need, as the wiring loom in my vehicle is different to the one in the BWM thread.I only have 1 bundle of wires running down the drivers side & the same on the passenger side but because its right hand drive I dont know whether they ran the brown wire that I need down the same side as the US vehicles or not.Can anybody tell me where to trace the wire from so that I can follow it & get the correct one.

Not sure anyone will be able to answer that... from the 04 and up US vehicles it seems no one has found the same brown wire we need to do this. I never pulled the door sill on my 04 to look but Im willing to bet I wont find it either. Id really like to do this mod though.

Not sure anyone will be able to answer that... from the 04 and up US vehicles it seems no one has found the same brown wire we need to do this. I never pulled the door sill on my 04 to look but Im willing to bet I wont find it either. Id really like to do this mod though.

Mine is a late 03 built 04 complianced so I dont know if its the same.

Its not too too hard to find, usually its the single heavy gauge (in other words: thicker) wire coming out of the transfer case. You just have to trace that to wherever you want to make the cut at. Or you can make the cut right near the transfer case and not have to trace it back up, but you'd end up running longer wires for your over-ride switch.

Back