BYE, BYE, Explorer. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BYE, BYE, Explorer.

Well as of about Noon today. My explorer is gone. My son was returning from a sledding trip. He was passing a semi and when he looked to see if he was safely past. He drifted towards the jersey barrier, he over corrected,then lost traction, he spun and hit the pass rear on the barrier, the slid back unfront of the Semi. it hit the front pass front fender. ripping off the wheel, spindle, etc. broke the tie rod clean off.
Thankfully no one was hurt, minor cuts to my sons hand. two of my sons where there along with my son's girlfriend. they all where shooken up, my youngest the worst.
I have been looking into a 99 Mountaineer V8 even before it happened. but time will tell.

Tim

Attachments

• exp1.jpg
    exp1.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 778
  • exp02.jpg
    exp02.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 798
  • exp03.jpg
    exp03.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 783

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ohhh noooooo.....

Whenever I read things like this, I think of what the girlfriends parents think of your son now. "Maybe he's to dangerous for our daughter?" "What if it happens again?" "His father is looking for a v8 version of the same truck, COOL! but ohhh..."

Good luck with the looking.

glad to hear everyone was OK but i am sure they probably needed clean underwear after this :cool:

I'm glad everyone is ok. I hope the girlfriend's parents don't freak out. Good luck with the hunt. :thumbsup:

Sucks to hear! Glad everyone is OK!
Hope you get another soon.:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear. Glad everyone made it out ok. Good luck on finding a replacement truck.

Glad everyone is ok,I drive a big rig and it's no contest with a passenger vehicle.It's the one thing we always dread is someone losing it in front of us.Simple physics.

And it's just a truck,you still have everyone in it that's the big thing.:thumbsup:

Wow- glad to hear everyone was ok- that's scary. :eek:

Glad there were no serious injuries, bloody xmas miracle right there.

glad everyone was ok

Back