• Register Today It's free!

BYPASS STOCK AMP

makaveli911

Reaction score
City, State
edmonds, wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
explorer 94 sport
ok i have that jbl stock amp and sub set-up but there are no harness for them so i gotta bypass that amp and run the speakers off the HU. Is there any diagrams or anything cuz i got no idea on how to do it thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Crutchfield, Circuit City, Best Buy, etc... all sell the factory amp bypass harness. it cost about $10-$15.

if you dont want to buy the bypass harness, the easiest thing to do is rewire.

interesting..... i went to cartoys and the guy there said "nope no harness you have to do a major electrical operation that will cost $100" those people.....

I just the other day talked to a place about diconnecting my factory amp and the said they would do it for $20 and it would take about 20 min. to 30 min.

Mr M

Bypassing the amp does that mean that you are getting rid of your stock setup. You said u had the jbl sub setup. I am looking for a jbl sub setup w/amp. I just got a new factory amp from a salvage x. It had the jbl sub and amp but i stole the main amp and i really couldnt walk out with all those other parts not getting caught. So if you are interested in getting rid of your jbl amp/sub let me know

Back