Caliper piston size ???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Caliper piston size ????

X-North

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal
I want to know if the piston caliper are from different size from 1991 to 1994...because i took a new dust seal form a 1994 and tried to put it on a 1992 and it seems to be too big. I will buy another one but just asking for curiosity.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When they look up the capiler slide pins for our '92 it says '90-'94.. So it should be the same..

~Mark

NM.. I just noticed you were looking specifically at the caliper PISTON size.. it must be way too early in the morning for me..

~Mark

NM.. I just noticed you were looking specifically at the caliper PISTON size.. it must be way too early in the morning for me..

~Mark

Morning Maniak LOL :D The coffee has yet to kick in?:p:

I would think that all of the 91-94's are the same. Why would you rebuiild a caliper, if you can buy them rebuilt for under $15 each? Good luck,

That's basically all that is involved in rebuilding one, and that's the hardest part. I've done it twice, and avoid it always. If a parts store is reasonable on them, I always just swap them a pair for a good price. Good luck,

Back