Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

Before:
1I.jpg

After:
collage1.jpg

I had just bought the truck for 4k with just over 100k miles on it, was just going to be a daily driver but decided to make it a capable off road vehicle. Soon you will see the transformation of this truck into the ZAPV or Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle.

This is how I got the truck.
1I.jpg

1IV.jpg

I decided to put bed liner on all of the plastic parts, and it looked good. At this point I thought I was done with the body (foolish me) I was going to settle for a good looking with minor capabilities truck.

2I.jpg

2II.jpg

2III.jpg

2IV.jpg

S7303032.jpg

I soon grew tiered of all the plastic wrapped around the truck, and the fact that the bed liner wasn’t sticking to it, so I pulled all of the plastic off and started over. I filled all of the holes left by the plastic with bondo or expanding insulation foam.

3II.jpg

3I.jpg

3III.jpg

Bed lining was applied next. The whole truck was covered (including the rear wheel well). This didn't take as long as I thought it would.

S7303454.jpg

S7303456.jpg

S7303457.jpg

S7303458.jpg

S7303459.jpg

(this is where I put bondo to fill in the divit.
S7303461.jpg

S7303463.jpg

And at last the Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV. It is the essential vehicle to use in case of a zombie outbreak, it can drive long distances, prevent rust, clime mountains, find high ground, and cover your sent from the brain eating *******s. This should not be your only plan in an zombie infestation, but you should always keep several options on the table. A vehicle would be the first step of a evacuation from an infected area. You would only want to use it to get out of a major city and make it to a relatively rural zone where you can take a high vantage point. Remember always be prepared.

collage1.jpg

S7303498.jpg

S7303485.jpg

S7303484.jpg

S7303473.jpg

EDIT: I don't have time to make rules and such for membership so if any one want to be in Team ZAPV just pick a number (except 1-3)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

omg id love to be in this
#999 if not taken. i plan on doing atleast a 998 and maybe lower also down the road. so if i could kinda reserve them or something

old picture, but looks the same somewhat from the angle still
(lost photos)

hey you. this rally I signed up for starts in Bismarck.
I know! When does it start? I looked at the website months ago and haven't looked at it since.

Finally got a few shots of my EX
2fd57253.jpg

5a4c05f8.jpg

7315f54c.jpg

6f8a1f61.jpg

Updated With new pics of my bumpers.

so how do we join this?

i'm also interested. hoping no one has #1011

What on the inside? Standard equipment. Minigun is great, but they run out of ammo, I suggest a long handled axe, pick, shovel, baseball bat, Kevlar helmets. Oh yeah don't forget the first aid kit. Don't forget to add the heavy brush guard, AKA ram bar? LOL

hey, just checking in. Finished basic on july 8th. Wasn't too bad just hot as hell here (in in Ft Jackson SC) Ive got 10 more weeks till I get to see my kids again but its all day by day.

:D

(lost photos)

I want to join the ZAPV team. This is my 97 mount/ (ZAPV)? about 4.5 inch lift in the rear, rolling on 33x12.5 on stock rims. 3 inch pvc snorkel out the side homemade/custom grill and light guards, homemade front skid plate from bumper past front axels. Home made roof mounted light bar. With more mods to come.

I am in!!! i would like number 213 if possible......

This is my other favorite forum -----> www.pazrt.com

ZRT.jpg

im in for the zombie squad. give me a number i dont care which number as ong as it aint 69

anyone got 12?

just read all 26 pages and Iam down for this......anyone got 2283........my f150 would be great for ammo and supplie runs and i have the weapons front cover..........over 200 guns and 50 swords knives and other blades.

my ex girlfriend has requested 15

Riley??????did she ever get that truck she wanted.

man that sucks,,,,,,,,,it was such a sexy truck

that f150 she was looking at

Back