camber range?

mysticclam

Typo King
Reaction score
City, State
Tacoma, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
-.3 to +.8 degrees for a first gen, is this right?

I just put 2 inch lift coils in and took it to be aligned. Had a "bad" wheel bearing that turned out to be just loose. So I have it aligned and the guy says, its done, drives very straight, which it does but the camber is still visibly +
I should have told them to do it over as soon as he said not only did he not need the adjusters, he didnt max out the ones on there, 2 degrees. So now I open up my paperwork and the camber is 2.2 degrees and 1.5 degrees. Gee, thats not in spec, oh I see the computer shows the range should be between -199 degrees and +201 degrees. I guess they just let the computer tell them its in spec and leave it even though it is so obviously not.

I had same problem after my Skyjacker 2" lift was on.

Took it to a regular alignment shop that said they could do it, they said they couldnt get the caster correct because I have the TTB... but everything will wear evenly.

1 week later I take it to a off road shop about a half hour away, they say that the camber wasnt even close, the toe 'seemed' alright' and THEY couldnt get the caster correct because they needed a 3/4 degree camber/caster bushing.

Needless to say, its obvious the first place had absolutely no clue what was going on, they just stole 55 bucks from me.... because the ride after both alignments wasnt even close.

If the place you took it to isnt an off-road shop, I reccomend taking it to one, because in my experience they at least know what they need and whats going on.

Back