Camshaft position sensor code P0340. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Camshaft position sensor code P0340.

Rustyowner

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hello,

I am a new member, and I was hoping would be able to help me out with my 1996 Explorer. I have a P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit come up.

I replaced the old sensor (it blew up) with a new one. It was located in the back of the engine about 4" below the surface. When I put everything back together, I cleared the code and started the engine it felt like some was still wrong. Then when I restarted engine the code came back on.

Does anybody know what could be the problem or any suggestions. And how long does it take for the computer to know that there is a new sensor?

Thanks,
Rustyowner

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

Me marca el mismo codigo, sin embargo ya cambie el sensor cam shaft y continua el check engine... Requiero mas informacion sobre como sincronizar el vehiculo, pero sin tool special

hermano mandame mensaje si solucionas ese problema yo estoy igual me marca codigo P0540 al e-mail ( jamb1954@hotmail.com)) gracias

Back