can dome lights slowly dim off | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

can dome lights slowly dim off

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Two things first of all do a thread search, this topic was discussed about 3 months ago by a different group. See if their ideas give you a jumpstart. Second look on a diagram for a nissan that has dimming lights, or any car that has one. If the diagram specifies a module then order it from the dealer. Most door systems operate the same. So the ford you have that operates the doors in "opera" mode then find it on a schematic and order it. If not get it from a bone yard junker.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Another thought - Ron Francis' Wire Works sell a module that does the same thing - $20.00.

Sounds Good to Me!

Heck of a lot easier than racking your brain or wrecking your electrical system playin' electrical engineer. Buy it or steal it!

can you post a link of that product? I went through the site and didnt find it.

:usa: :chug: :ca:

The last time I posted a Web Site it turned out to be a **** site. Now that isn't that bad but it was confusing.

Just search on Ron Francis' Wire Works.

i did .... i must be blind ... i didnt see anything like that on there. The site i went on was for like old hot rods or something ... they did have a section on wireing products but didnt notice something like that. Maybe i over looked it.

I searched the whole site page by page and didn't see anything for dinterior light dimming. Help us please.

Try this one:

http://www.centechwire.com/

I was wrong... it was not the Wire Works it was Centech.

Go to the web site under the following catagory:

catalog index / accessories / electronic control products

The box is part # IL-2, called an Interior Light Fader Control.

Good Luck on this one.

Attachments

• intlightfader.jpg
    intlightfader.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 190

Sandy, have you used this item? Or... fo you know how it is wired?

Thanks....

Does anyone have the balls to buy it and then open it up and take a picture of what is inside of it? So we can build them? One of you guys has to be rich and not care about spending money.

Now somebody's just got to buy, install it, and tell us how easy it was here on this thread! Get on it!

I would but I am not at the point in my latest project where I need it.

Centech does have a return policy, double check with them about returning if the install do not go the way you think it should.

How about if we all send a buck to Rick and have him take the pic and install it ?

If you can get a schmatic with the exact resistor sizes and capacitors and items needed to build a "WORKING" version of this project i will gladly pay $1.00

There is a thread with all the drawing somewhere in this site.

Look around.

Yes ... i have been monitoring that thread and if you read through it it doesnt work. People have exploded transistors and capacitors. I do not want to be a guinea pig and destroy my electrical system.

If they sell that one i think that has a better chance to work than that other schematic since nobody has been able to make it work.

OK It handels up to 2amps.
How many amps we got in an X interior?
Any ideas.

Did some counting and this is what I got.
Doors=5watt ea. Over head=10watt ea. Total 50 watts.
watts divided by volts=appx 4amps.

I just emailed them about the IL-2 to see if they had a more powerful one or if two could be used or HELP....
Will let you know what they say.

why cant you just go to a Junkyard and gank the unit out of a Beamer or a Lincoln? just go in, pull the unit, pocket it, and grab a switch so the guy doesnt think something is fishy, he'll probally give you the switch because, common, its a switch.

wire that badboy up, and BAM, there you go.

although what about a trickle cellphone charger? pull out the guts and wire them up and link a Capacator infront of it, and then once the wire goes cold, the capacator will discharge and the charger will slowly drop the charge to the lights. would that work?

Hi everybody

its funny that I ran across this thread today because I was gonna start exaclty the same one, reason being i bought a aftermarket car dimmer doing exacly that while being in Germany for break. I was gonna ask what wires I have to hook this thing up to so it works with all the interior lights when the doors are opened..but never mind :)

Quakecom

Back