Can I replace ARC shocks for standard. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can I replace ARC shocks for standard.

I would not mind adjusting the sensor to increase the height. By that I mean there must be a way of setting the sensor to keep the car at a higher level. It basicaly keeps the car level no matter how uch weight you add to the back. So it has a pre set level. If I can re set that to about an inch higher than what it sits at now I would be happy.

Anyone know how. ??

Can I replace ARC shocks for standard

Replaced ARC shocks on 98 Exp Limited with Monroe shocks. Works great. Need to find the message center module to remove the circuits that send "Ride Control" warnings. Anyone know where to find the module? BTW, for those concerned with the wires on the OEM shocks. Cutting the wires only eliminates the electronic damping function. The air leveling and electroninc adjustments are separate portions of the system. The damper (new shocks) maintains the air leveling feature, but eliminates the electroninc damping for swaying (the cut wires). Does not interfere with the vehicles other electronic control units.

Back