• Register Today It's free!

can my x tow a toyota 900 miles

sajnaj

Reaction score
City, State
rockville in
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt
ok i nead to tow i toyota form cinnatio ohio - rockville indiana about 900 miles round trip i was gogin to wrent a tow dolly does it got enough power to do the job for that long trip and the vehicle 1994 sr5 extended cab. if that wount do it i have a 1986 g20 conversion van "aka the beast" 3 inch exhaust all the way back 350 small block brand new but if i take that the gas is gogin to be about $$$150 round trip and that is a little pricy. or is there a service that could trans port it for me for cheap :burnout:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd tow it for you if you were in so cal. anywho, yes you can tow it. You might be better off renting a truck and trailer if you don't wan the wear and stress on your truck. What kind of terrain do you have to travel? You got a 4.0 w/ auto?

yea a auto with a 4.0 could it handle the load and i have a secondary oil cooler would that help alot

I'd use the van, I don't think the gas mileage will be much better if you're using your X. Plus then there's no worry about blowing the a4ld in your Ex.

jayhawkexplorer said:
I'd use the van, I don't think the gas mileage will be much better if you're using your X. Plus then there's no worry about blowing the a4ld in your Ex.
i agree, the van is much better suited for it, too

ok the beast it is that thing is mean for a van and it can go thru some mud i was stuk in a feild with my explorer on a dolly behind me and it pulled its self out like nothing all the waiut makes it sink untill it grabs

pull it with the beast

ur just every where i think that i will

I'd definately use the van.

Back