Can someone pinpoint this problem? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can someone pinpoint this problem?

sonkakaro

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Xplorer Sport
Hey guys just recently my X just "died" on me. Everything would turn off and it would display the battery meter/check engine light. I would be driving and it would just stop. I don't think it happened at high speeds though. I think only slow or when idling. I start it up again and it would go then die. Eventually it wouldn't go anymore. I hooked it up to another car to give the battery a boost yet the car turns right on so it can't be the battery i don't think. Truck was taken to station next day. They tested it and said they can't find anything wrong. I was driving today and it happened again. I believe it was when i was going slow or stopped/idling at a light etc. Could it be my ecu? Do i need a new one? I've been running the diablochip for a longtime now and nothing like this has ever happened. If you put in normal gas instead of premium w/ the chip in does the car exhibit this behavior? Someone borrowed the car and refilled it and they dont' remember what they put it in so i'm thinking maybe it was that to but i highly doubt it.

I'm thinking either IAC or a failing alternator/voltage regulator.

Read the code set when the CEL came on. It is saved for a large number of restarts. I'd BEGIN there instead of "guessing". Your computer can be your best bud in these situations.

Happy Exploring

Chris

Back