Canadian pricing??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Canadian pricing???

I want to get a clarification on what 'Eligible' means when referring to a Costco membership. The way I look at it, you are either a member or you are not so why the word 'Eligible'? My lease runs out March 2015 and I'm thinking of taking out a membership a few months before just for the Ford discount. I don't plan on shopping at Costco. Orders for the 2014 models close on March 14th. After that date you will only be able to buy from dealer inventory which could make it more difficult to get exactly what you want. Good luck.

Peter

Sorry about the confusion. I got my Costco card after 2013-11-30, so this promo does not apply to me.
I need to think about it if I really want to wait. As you pointed out, they won't take factory after March 14th.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry about the confusion. I got my Costco card after 2013-11-30, so this promo does not apply to me.
I need to think about it if I really want to wait. As you pointed out, they won't take factory after March 14th.
No confusion here. Perhaps I didn't post clearly. I was just wondering what they mean by "Eligible" as in "Eligible Costco membership". What eligibility requirement does one have to meet, other than being a member. If it was just being a member then there is no requirement to state 'Eligible' as I see it.
The 2015 from all reports/rumours will be a bit of a 'refresh'. Not sure what that actually entails.

Peter

No confusion here. Perhaps I didn't post clearly. I was just wondering what they mean by "Eligible" as in "Eligible Costco membership". What eligibility requirement does one have to meet, other than being a member. If it was just being a member then there is no requirement to state 'Eligible' as I see it.
The 2015 from all reports/rumours will be a bit of a 'refresh'. Not sure what that actually entails.

Peter

Eligibility would refer to the fact that you have to have had a Costco membership a minimum of 3 months prior to purchasing any new Ford vehicle.

Eligibility would refer to the fact that you have to have had a Costco membership a minimum of 3 months prior to purchasing any new Ford vehicle.
Okay that makes sense. Thanks for that info. :thumbsup: Completely overlooked that stipulation.

Peter

I purchased the following on Dec 21, 2013 from a GTA dealership:

-2014 XLT 4WD
-202A package (leather)
-Trailer tow package (class III)

Out the door price: $40976.65 (taxes in)

Incentives:
$3750 (delivery allowance)
$500 (holiday cash)
I did not qualify for Costco $1000 (wasn't a member - ugg)

Very happy with my deal :D

Figured I'd give this thread a gentle bump to the top.

I'm looking at getting either a 2014 in either XLT w/ 202A or Limited. (or a Highlander, but that's another story)...

I've heard a rumour that Employee Pricing is scheduled for June, so I'll likely wait until then to buy, but I'm hoping to get some good comparables.

I'm looking at getting either a 2014 in either XLT w/ 202A or Limited. (or a Highlander, but that's another story)...

I've heard a rumour that Employee Pricing is scheduled for June, so I'll likely wait until then to buy, but I'm hoping to get some good comparables.

June is normally when the Employee Pricing comes out.

Go Limited, there's more included equipment in the Limited then trying to build up an XLT. OEM HID's alone are worth it.

You will regret it if you dont.

Welcome to the Forum canehdianman.:wavey:
Just keep in mind that any 2014 Explorer you get now has to be bought 'off the lot' since orders closed a while ago. The 2015 model begins production June 2nd.
Good luck.

Peter

June is normally when the Employee Pricing comes out.

Go Limited, there's more included equipment in the Limited then trying to build up an XLT. OEM HID's alone are worth it.

You will regret it if you dont.

Yeah, the HIDs are a strong selling point.

As is the 301A with the heated steering wheel and cooled seats. Absolutely LOVE them in our Kia Optima.

I'll have to see how rich I feel when it comes time to pull the trigger.

Welcome to the Forum canehdianman.:wavey:
Just keep in mind that any 2014 Explorer you get now has to be bought 'off the lot' since orders closed a while ago. The 2015 model begins production June 2nd.
Good luck.

Peter

good to know, thanks Peter.

Hopefully that can translate into some savings :)

canehdianman if you are looking for a good dealer whos willing to sell at invoice send me a PM. I just bought mine and saved a boat load.

Get the Sport instead of the Limited. Loads of extra power and sportier ride.
Don't worry about the HID lights on the Limited. An aftermarket kit costs around $150 and installs easily. Plus with an aftermarket kit you can select a nicer whiter 5K color temperature pure daylight white as opposed to the yellowish spectrum 4K color on the Limited.
The only other key things you loose in the Sport from the Limited is the power 3rd row seats and the heated steering wheel...But the extra power and sport garnishing more than makes up for it.

Although you can add HID aftermarket, they will never be the same as true HID lights unless you change the actual housing as well. Ford techs have acknowledged that the housings for Halogen and HID lights are different which makes sense since the light is produced differently. For Halogens, the housing is meant for a filament bulb and will not project the light properly from a capsule creating glare for others and poorly directed light for you.Did not notice any 'yellowish' on the HID I had in the 2011. If anything they seemed to have a little bit of a bluish tint when they reflected off of signs.

From the Road Safety & Motor Vehicle Regulation Directorate of Transport Canada;
If you wish to have HID headlights on a vehicle that was not originally equipped with them (ie: came from the factory with incandescent bulb headlights) you must replace the entire headlight assembly, bulbs and lenses, with HID equipment that meet the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations (used to be CMVSS) Standard 108 and 108.1.

The following site has more to say on the subject;
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

HID headlamps are terrific, and they can offer significant and substantial safety performance advantages over halogen headlamps, but only if they're designed and built as HID headlamps from the start. Installing an "HID kit" in a halogen headlamp isn't an upgrade, it's a large and serious safety downgrade.

Peter

Back