Car Play problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Car Play problem

Spacey

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I have found that music players will not work with Apple Car Play on my 2020 ST. I have tried Apple Music and a number of third party players on my iPhone 12. Selecting the Apple Music app from the vehicle's Car Play screen just goes back to the main Car Play screen. Same thing happens if I select Apple Music or a third party player directly on the iPhone. Other Car Play functions work fine. When the iPhone is connected to the car via Bluetooth I can select the phone as an audio source and play music that way, but it is so poorly implemented searching for music is useless. Anyone else have this problem?

I had a similar problem years ago, eventually I gave up and just started using a thumb drive. It's simple and works flawlessly.

I use carplay all the time for music but just not Apple Music. Soundcloud, Amazon Music, Pandora... all those apps work without issue. Yours shouldn't be doing that. I'd try starting from scratch again (if you haven't done so already): Go to your iphone General/Carplay/Sync 3 --->Forget This Car. Then connect it to USB and authorize carplay for that phone.

Back