• Register Today It's free!

Cargo Mat - Full or Half Mat

ljn21

Reaction score
City, State
Tega Cay, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Wondering what eveyones opinions are on the 2 different cargo mat options. One covers just behind the 3rd row, other one covers up to the 2nd row when the 3rd row is folded but then you cant put the 3rd row up without taking the mat out. Wish there was an option for the full mat that folded or something when the 3rd row is being used and then fold back down when the 3rd row is folded. Want the best of both worlds. Anyone have either of them, pros/cons?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wondering what eveyones opinions are on the 2 different cargo mat options. One covers just behind the 3rd row, other one covers up to the 2nd row when the 3rd row is folded but then you cant put the 3rd row up without taking the mat out. Wish there was an option for the full mat that folded or something when the 3rd row is being used and then fold back down when the 3rd row is folded. Want the best of both worlds. Anyone have either of them, pros/cons?
I have the full cargo liner since the 3rd row is always stored. In the 5th gen I was able to roll up the liner, fold it and store it behind the 3rd row when the seats were up.

Peter

I have the full and just let the mat fold up when I use the 3rd, which is rare.

I have the full and just let the mat fold up when I use the 3rd, which is rare.
How does it sit when folded like that? Could you still have cargo/bags behind the 3rd row on top of the folded mat? Is the mat rubber and pliable or more plasticky?

Here is the one I had in my 2017 Platinum and am still using in the Aviator. I'm guessing the material is still the same.
Foldable Cargo Liner for Cargo Area

Peter

Thats an option. How does it fot in the aviator, any pics of it in place?

Also didn't realize the oem one from Ford would be so flexible that it could be rolled and folded like the pics in that thread showed!

It isn't a perfect fit but good enough for what I need it to do. I carry the dogs back there on trips to the groomer and vet. I also haul lots of garden waste to the recycling place. I still have the cargo liner from my 2014 MKT that is a more rectangular shape and I use it to cover the folded 2nd row when needed.
Merry Christmas!

Peter

cargo liner.jpg

Back