• Register Today It's free!

Dog mat for 2020 Explorer

Coronach

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
Any Explorer owners bought a dog mat for their 2020 or 2021 yet? We're looking to get one because we just got a new dog who LOVES car rides, and very nicely sits in the back with the 3rd row folded down. I was looking at the 4K9ines type mat that hooks to the back of the seat, covers everything, and has a flap the protects the bumper. I was just wondering if anyone had bought one that either worked well or, just as important, one that did not.

Thanks,

Mike

I purchased a berber style carpet mat from Lloyds Mats for the back of my 2020 ST. Dogs ride back there with the third row of seats down. It is a nice mat and works, but I find that it slides back when the dogs move and curls up at the hatch opening. Sometimes it interferes with the latch. I taped some plastic angle brackets on the forward end to slip over the edge of the third seat, but that was no help. Considering using some carpet tape but concerned if this will damage the carpet pile in the car. Perhaps a mat that doesn't have a slippery underside would work better, but I doubt it.

Any Explorer owners bought a dog mat for their 2020 or 2021 yet? We're looking to get one because we just got a new dog who LOVES car rides, and very nicely sits in the back with the 3rd row folded down. I was looking at the 4K9ines type mat that hooks to the back of the seat, covers everything, and has a flap the protects the bumper. I was just wondering if anyone had bought one that either worked well or, just as important, one that did not.

Thanks,

Mike
There are a few threads in the 5th gen Forum Mike. Not sure if they would apply to the 6th gen.

Peter

Back