Carnage/Lefthand Colorado Run January 08 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Carnage/Lefthand Colorado Run January 08

nssj2

Reaction score
Howdy! A buddy of mine and his bronco forum are heading up carnage trail and lefthand trail on january 26th, 2008. Wanted to extend the offer to anyone in the area or anyone who is interested. The link is here; http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112323
He said any are welcome to join along. We will meet at 10am in boulder. if anyone is interested pm me for more specific details. Carnage is located right outside of boulder, and is a fairly medium trail. Never been, so i couldn't tell you how a stocker would hold up, its rated at 4, and if you choose, an 8. link to the trails are here.
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=4

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=6
Hope to see some of you there, can't let the bronco boys have all the fun :p:

PS. If you are planning on going, let me know so i can tell this guy about how many people to expect.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm already planning on riding along. My Bronco (trail pig) is down due to the tranny dying on me in November. Should be a good run!!!!!

sweet! bump for more interest

bump for the weekend crew. come on wheres everyone like 410, hokie, sparky..... maybe move this to the colorado contingent?

I ran carnage last year in Feb. It would be a challenge with a stocker.
but is a fun trail.

Tim

I might be up for this... I'll have to review some of the trail info. to see how feasible my truck is for it. I've never done lefthand before ( I used to shoot right up the road from there... and started up it before I thought better of trying it with no other rigs - wise 'wheelin' decision :D). Is it open to non-Ford rigs?? If so, I might see if a buddy and his Rover want to do it.

nssj2; are you going to Moab this year? I know it's a few months down the line, but some of us will probably caravan out there. Give it some thought if you're open to it :thumbsup:

i havent been either, so i couldn't tell you for sure. suppossedly according to the trail guide it is feasible in a stocker. ive been told as long as it isnt a chevy it can go :p:. just let me for if youre going to go and if your buddy is going too, and ill pass the word on to the people organizing it.

as far as moab goes, that would be sick, and i might go. its a bit of a drive though, so ill have to see about that part.

Cool :thumbsup:

I probably won't know for sure with either one of us for the next week or so. Thanks.

I'll let you know.

Hey guys, haven't posted really since the Slaughterhouse run late in the summer. I'll be there, but I'll be riding. My Ranger isn't in a place to run it this time around since my diff blew up and i'm having it rebuilt this week. Long story, I'll save it for a M&G. My Bronco isn't suitable for this one either, the tranny has a nasty slip in it and isn't drivable at this point, so I'll be riding with my buddy Larry in his Ranger (some of you might know him from other boards as Warrlord)

Doug, to answer your question, you should be OK on this one this early, since the majority of Carnage is iced over and the big ruts and obsticals are under the ice. However, expect body damage as usual, though you have plenty of ground clearence.

bump for the weekend crew. come on wheres everyone like 410, hokie, sparky..... maybe move this to the colorado contingent?

Thats a big non-committal 'maybe'

Depends on how the Mounty is doing and how much money I've sunk in it recently

Got linked over here by another member and found out my trail run was posted over here So I figured I would personally invite all of ya'll and let ya know to direct all questions my way.

Got linked over here by another member and found out my trail run was posted over here So I figured I would personally invite all of ya'll and let ya know to direct all questions my way.

:thumbsup: thanks

no worries look forward to seein you guys up there we look to have a pretty nice size group and the day promises to be a lot of fun.

As far as whether or not a stock explorer can do it my answer to thet would be yes but not without damage.

last call! 10 am safeway in boulder tomorrow

sadly though me and my buddy were left behind after trying to get a safeway pizza. what trail did yall go on? never met up , but the both of us found lefthand and played around there and on a side road somewhere lol. we couldnt finish the part of the trail we went on due to some heavy snow. definitely going back after it thaws out, and i hope to see some people from here go. and lefthand would inflict damage in a stocker, but might be possible if the driver has some guts lol.

side road stuckness for jason's bronco
IM000023.jpg

might not look bad, but those are 2-3 foot deep tire ruts lol
IM000024.jpg

lefthand trail

flex anyone?
IM000025.jpg

going up....
IM000027.jpg

jason gets stuck yet again lol
IM000028.jpg

the decent :cool:
IM000033.jpg

Jim looks like you had some fun...I wanted to go but most of the rigs going from FSB, and RMFTC where running carnage and I prolly would have sat out of that even if my X was working and everythign was on, but after having a lil RMFTC holiday get together in longmont tonight turned out that a few of the RMFTC guys ended up going left hand after some hold ups.

I am working on getting a few more things done then I will be out there with ya. Where has Brett (Hokie) been lately, been kind of shy or what?

yeah most were carnage bound, and they had some seriously built broncos. we saw a couple of the tow rigs down at the lefthand trailhead so kinda figured a few went up. right on man, the colorado people on here seem shy when it comes to doing anything lol. as for brett, i dont know. seen him floating around up here in fort collins over this last week. school maybe?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey all!

Soon i will be able to join y'all for some wheelin fun... i finally got my reimbursement check from my job for moving out here and i'm about to replace my wheels, tires, and put a 3" body lift on. Can't wait!!! Jiffy Lube found a screw in my tire yesterday when I was getting my oil changed, so I better do this soon! I'm probably going to order all the stuff this afternoon, if I get the cajones to drop the money!

Mr. Brett-Hokie man is gonna help with the body lift since I'm a gimpy girl who isn't from around here and has nobody to help :) I screwed my shoulder snowboarding last month and have to get surgery in a few weeks, so I need all the help I can get. Anybody else who wants to make a little get together of it is more than welcome :) I need to call him and see what time frame works for him. I live in Lafayette and work in Boulder if anybody else is around.

Jenni

Back