Carnage/Lefthand Colorado Run January 08 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Carnage/Lefthand Colorado Run January 08

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm glad you guys had a good day of wheeling. I was planning on the run till late Fri, I kind of jacked up my rt arm and shoulder carrying my old hot water heater out of my basement and into my garage (by myself). I've been pretty sore and lazy since then... it was probably pretty stupid of me... but I'm glad you all got some 4-wheel time, they look like pretty good photos. :)

Where has Brett (Hokie) been lately, been kind of shy or what?

Climbing Vail pass on a snowy I-70, in 2wd :)nono:) + V8 + 4.10 gears + rear end getting loose + snowbank = :roll: (Well, it was a flop, not a full roll) but still... :banghead:

About 9 of us had to climb on the high side of the snow bank and push the Mounty back on its feet. The passenger side wheels were about eye level.

whoa! i hope you took pics ;) maybe you were too busy rolling it over, glad you are all ok.

Climbing Vail pass on a snowy I-70, in 2wd :)nono:) + V8 + 4.10 gears + rear end getting loose + snowbank = :roll: (Well, it was a flop, not a full roll) but still... :banghead:

About 9 of us had to climb on the high side of the snow bank and push the Mounty back on its feet. The passenger side wheels were about eye level.

woah sorry to hear man, glad ya made it without injury. but can you say the same for your mounty?

woah sorry to hear man, glad ya made it without injury. but can you say the same for your mounty?

We all came out ok ~ truck's got some wrinkled sheet metal and scratches but not too horrible considering it was friggin' laying on its side. Broke the side view mirror and knocked it out of alignment but I've fixed that. Going to meet up with Jenni for a bit tomorrow night, I'll let her be the judge of the Mounty.

No pics... wish I had pics of it laying on its side but then again, grabbing your camera is not exactly your first thought when you're standing there looking at the under carriage of your truck and you're slowing down I-70.

We were probably only on the side of the road for 7-8 minutes. Its kinda a funny story really... too much throttle, not enough traction, couldn't regain control (yes, I steered into the skid) vehicle slid in the snowbank then softly flopped (I mean softly, my coffee cup didn't even fall out of the cup holder ~ wouldn't have flopped if it wasn't lifted & then loaded with 4 dudes and a ton of ski gear). A Subaru and a Suburban pulled over and helped pull me out of the truck. We then crawled on the snowbank, 1-2-3 PUSH and she flopped right back on her feet. Which got honks and cheers from passer-by's on I-70.

I was skiing fresh powder at Vail about an hour later

Brett, tell them about how your wrinkles came out, that's the best part.

Brett, tell them about how your wrinkles came out, that's the best part.

Ha... I was lightly pushing on the bottom of the drivers side rear door to see if it was mis-aligned from the body and I hear this loud "POP." Really scared, I look up and see that the the big ass dent (~12" long) on the drivers side rear door had completely popped out.

damn dude sorry to hear that glad u guys are ok

Glad you and your buds are cool and that it was an easy recovery. It is impressive that you got it 'righted' up and continued to drive so quickly. Again, it's cool you guys are safe. I-70 seems to claim too many rollovers and people. :eek: :cool:

Back