• Register Today It's free!

Catback from Explorer Express

mdriggan

Reaction score
City, State
Little Rock, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Explorer Expedition
I was looking at the cat-back system for the Sport trac on the Explorer Express website. Would this sytem work with a regular Explorer?

Michael

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Michael

We carry the Dyno-Max and Gibson Cat-Back Exhaust System here at Explorer Express. Let me know if you have any questions.

Gibson or Mac for 5.0

John,
What is your personal opinion which exhaust to buy, and does the gibson have the welded flange like the MAC and all the hardware. I need a new exhaust the old 96 is finally starting to leak and rott off. I think the MAC 3" would be way too loud. I want to bolt it on myself.
And I am planning on buying it from you guys and what about ship time?

I just replaced the Flowmaster 50 SUV series with the Dynomax muffler
part#17671 and cut it down to fit my sport. Perfect fit. I like it much better then the Borla and Flowmaster I had on the X.

Haxaw
Might want to call EE direct

Hi RickOTR:

Just curious, what do you like better about the Dynomax? Louder? Quieter?

Regards,
John.

I really don't think it is any louder then the other two mufflers, but it definitely has a better rumble to it. Believe me it will turns heads if you put the pedal to the metal. If you ever heard a Mustang GT with the Saleen cat-back exhaust, then you know what I mean. I am very pleased with it and will probably keep it.

RickOTR, did you order just the muffler or the Dynomax kit part# 17377? Also, where did you order it from? Sorry to hijack post, couldn't PM.

Toy_to_Force, I went with just the muffler as I already had the tail pipe from my first install of the borla muffler. You will have to cut the inlet pipe about 8 inches as the 17671 is for a 4dr not the 2dr., but it was not difficult at all. The 17337 would be a good choice if you plan on changing the whole exhaust system. This is also an open flow system so it may be a little louder then you may want.

Put the Gibson system on mine this weekend it is nice, rumbles at low rpms and you can hardly hear on the highway. I know the power has increased b/c the shift points are different. If the olf bolts would come off wouls be been an easy install.

Sorry too late to spell, should have taken typing.

Back