CCR2001 (Colorado Colors Run) | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CCR2001 (Colorado Colors Run)

Since Matt wanted us to go back to this thread!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I just got done figuring out what the Honeymoon will be and we MAY be able to make the CCR Run... Just depends on how tired we are when we get back basically... I'll look into hotel reservations when we decide on a place for CCR2001 and hopefull someone will have a liberal cancellation policy...

So far Tara and I will be flying back into Denver on Aug 31st at noon... So hopefully we'll just be driving home, picking up the truck and leaving for the CCR run... But not positive yet...

Heath:cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heath I really hope that you and Tara can make it. This is going to be a lot of fun. But I understand that you will be tired after a honeymoon. It's only to be expected. :)

Well, where-ever and whenever this run is, I will be there. I would also be open to taking some pre-runs with you guys, so let me know when you are going.

Well gang,

I'm in! I plan to be out there for a week or so, so if any of you locals (Perry and Matt, etc.) want to pre-run or check out some other areas, let me know.

Originally posted by Scott Bosso
Well gang,

I'm in! I plan to be out there for a week or so, so if any of you locals (Perry and Matt, etc.) want to pre-run or check out some other areas, let me know.

Good to hear you are coming out Scott. You should have that Ranger set up by then to play with the big dawgs.

Hey Perry,

Yeah, the new rear end is working great. I can't believe how much better the truck stops with the rear disc brakes.

This weekend, I'm installing the front gears and TruTrac. I'll be glad when it's done. I have to pull everything apart. That is one drawback to Rancho radius arms - the left arm must be moved out of the way to get to one bolt holding in the Dana 35.

Once that's done, I'll be good to go!!!!

It's official????

So have we made a decision? From the looks of the posts I've seen, we seem to accepted Labor Day weekend and the Leadville area. All those opposed, answer neh.

I want to go to Holy Cross, but (regardless of what you may have heard) I do know the limits of BamBam. I wouldn't mind riding shot-gun and taking pictures though. I may even know some non-ford folks from here in C.S. who'd want to try it.

Greetings from a hotel room in Maryland... Regarding CCR2001, it does look like it will be Labor Day, and we're leaning toward going to Leadville. We plan to do a pre-run in this area the weekend of the 23rd, however, and I wouldn't want to say that "this is the place" until we've done that...

hitch hiking

Well Labor day it is and Leadville it may be, I hope to have the X on the road by then hopefully before, it depends on if I just fix the tranny for now, and save/collect for parts for the swap or if I do it right away. If it is not running then I hope to hitch-hike up there and hitch a ride or two on the trail!!!!

Ok, looks like we need another poll. Is it just between Leadville and Ouray? Or are there other options?

Ouray was mentioned, but (at least I thought) pretty well shot down for the sake of not doing a repeat. I wouldn't mind going that way, mind you. MMPC also mentioned somewhere up north from the CO 2 book that I don't have. That's all I've heard suggested.

I personally don't think there is enough good four wheeling in the north to have a group run. I'm talking Ft. Collins, Loveland area.

I still think Ouray area would be a good choice. Hopefully we will be able to get to Leadville area soon to do a run.
They are talking about it snowing in the high country today, but it shouldn't last very long or be to much I would think.

I would love to go back to Ouray. Leadville is nice, too, but that day having lunch in Lake City was very memorable.

Looking at my guidebook, there's a lot to Ouray that we haven't seen - and I really want to do Black Bear Pass!

I seem to remember something about these great Margaritas - but you guys all missed out. That was Friday night at dinner with my Dad - a killer restaurant in Ridgeway.

Damn, I ready to go back there today!!!!!!

Hey, I'm game wherever we go. BTW, I can lead or tailgun if needed.

I'm in!

It looks like I may make it to this, since we've decided on Labor Day weekend. It sounds like it'll be a lot of fun.
Will there be camping spots in the areas we are looking at going?

Jefe last year some of us stayed at the KOA. I think there is other places also to camp at but the KOA was really handy.

I have to agree with Scott, we would also like to go back and do Black Bear. I am hoping my folks will also be able to go and I want them to see what Black Bear is like.
It will be farther for us to drive and since I can't get Friday off the other would be closer. I guess it doesn't matter we will be there for either one, but Ouray is our first pick.

My vote is also for Ouray. We have a bunch of check boxes we need to fill in on our shirts!

I hope that we can all decide on one place to go so we can get started on picking places to camp during the trip. I'm in for going anywhere since i've only been on one trip thus far.
Hopefully by the time of the trip I will have a few more outing under my belt. Maybe a few times behind the wheel too (pretty please Matt, i'll be careful with Vegas) :D

anyways, I think we should start a poll on where to go now as well....I think it's between leadville and ouray now so if anyone has any more suggestions let them be heard now so we can all decide once and for all.

Kristina, geez where have you been? :).

Seriously, I think we should hold off on setting up a poll until we have done some pre-running of some of the areas. I'm up for ouray but I'd also like to try something different (especially holy cross in leadville with the BIG DAWGS!!!) :). I have a feeling that Kristina wouldn't like Black Bear... well, she might, once we get her more used to it. I think some people are planning on pre-running leadville, next weekend. It might be a good idea to wait until what we find before deciding on a place to have it. I realize campsites may be filling up but I think we should all still be able to find plenty of sites. last year I waited until about a week before labor day to reserve my spot at KOA and they still had several spots available.

Kristina, you know full well that I've got no problem with you driving Vegas ;).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I agree with Matt. Lets make a deadline of the 1st of July before starting any polls or making major decisions. That'll give some of the Colorado Contingent a chance to do some pre-running while still leaving plenty of time for everyone to make reservations/plans...

Back