larry 1995 EB

Reaction score
The 6-CD cartridge located in the center console,
along with factory voice-activated phone, will not
pop up when release button is depressed. There is a
CD loaded in the cartridge - when "CD" button on the
face of radio is depressed it gives a read-out of
"no dj". This is a '95 Eddie Bauer. How can I get the
cartridge out, etc. to fix this. Thanks.

It sounds like your CD changer lost connection to the radio. I would open the arm rest, slide out the coin/tissue holder and then pull up the black plastic that leads from the dash to the arm rest (You may have a message center..pull that up and then pull up the ash tray and tissue dispenser and cupholdters. Then look at the side of the CD changer you can see where the tissue holder was and make sure the wire is in tight. If that checks out ok then I'd check all other connectinos in there first, then reassemble it and remove the head unit and check the tightness of it's wires. If all wires ate tight then it may be a CD changer problem ot the wires may have been cut to damaged against a sharp object between the radio and changer. If you need more explanation please feel free to e-mail me at Travisn1@AOL.COM

Something like that happened to mine, a coin dropped down in betwwen the wall of the changer and the cartridge. Dad had to take the console and everything apart just to get to it. It wouldnt pop up and we couldnt get to it, so we had to listen to the radio :(

Back