Centaurus on Craigslist for sale

mfitz725

03 EB 4x4 4.6l making it thru in NC
Reaction score
City, State
Albemarle NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Eddie Bauer 4.6L 4x4
I saw a posting for a Centaurus for sale on Craigslist in Jonesboro GA. The posting is under the Atlanta postings and the ID is 6294008501. Didn't know if anyone might be interested. I know the ad said it needs transmission work, don't remember what else.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One of those came into the local U Pull a couple yrs ago. Still not sure what to think of them...lol!

One of those came into the local U Pull a couple yrs ago. Still not sure what to think of them...lol!

I wouldn't be caught dead driving one. Fugly!

I like it. I'm not sure why the extra headroom is needed and the wood trim is..umm..dated.

That's an awesome truck lol. I love those odd balls. I would totally drive that new back in the day.

I like it. I'm not sure why the extra headroom is needed and the wood trim is..umm..dated.

That's one thing I remember thinking when I inspected the one at the U Pull. The wood trim looked very dated and amateurish in style...like a homemade conversion.

Wow, I didn't notice the interior wood trim inside until you guys mentioned it. Yes, that woodwork definitely does looks dated and so does the A/V entertainment equipment. Kinda like someone from "Pimp My Ride!" predecessors took on an aging Explorer at the end of the 90's. Still an interesting Explorer to me. :)

yo-dawg-xhibit-5.jpg

Cool, it still has the roof rack on it. I like the Mountaineer front right fender. That needs a rebuilt transmission, and some TLC.

I went to look at the Centaurus one more time on Craigslist to look at the Mountaineer fender Don noticed, sharp eyes Don! :)
The listing is now removed and says "This posting has been deleted by its author."
Hopefully it has indeed found a new home and will be restored. I am hoping the new owner is a member and they might keep us updated on the project. I am a sucker for a good project and love restored unique oddball cars / trucks.

That is a nice project truck. It's in the south so rust shouldn't be a problem, and without big body damage, the drivetrain is the easy part. The interior might be tough to clean up or restore, but that's still possible given how many are in JY's these days.

I need to find a 1st gen manual steering column, to swap into my old Ranchero. I need to hit the JY's myself and scrounge around. That's fun too.

I emailed the owner and he said it got sold to somebody in Birmingham. Apparently the guy is going to try and restore it. I couldn't find out what it sold for.

I emailed the owner and he said it got sold to somebody in Birmingham. Apparently the guy is going to try and restore it. I couldn't find out what it sold for.

Very good, it looked complete so hopefully it will survive a long time.

Sounds good to hear it's on with a new owner. Don, it's true that JY's are still fun to roam around although up here in the North, there are fewer yards that allow you to roam inside while picking your own parts. Restoration by use of JY parts is very satisfying and can breath new life into a economical project. I also used to find real good bargain parts online at EBay, but now with shipping price increase, it's usually too high for small pieces.

Yep, things are different now. I used to browse in the early 80's here at a few JY's. I saw parts then for 70's Fords that now are on eBay for huge prices. I could have bought many many consoles and fenders and any part imaginable, for $5 to $40, but now any of those have asking prices in the $200-$500 range. My 73 Ranchero I had collected almost everything I could want then, besides a few items. Now little is available, and what is, they want way too much for. I recall a chrome bumper being maybe $200 to rechrome, and that was a damaged part that they would weld and repair, before chroming. Now I read it could run $1000 for just chroming one, no repair work. Crazy.

Back