Center Console for Ford Explorer Police Interceptor | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Center Console for Ford Explorer Police Interceptor

Can you sent me the file. Or a link to where i can find this to print it out.
Possibly....Here's some pics of it installed

S09Oa7V.jpg

Ovh557t.jpg

rWXuoDW.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you sent me the file. Or a link to where i can find this to print it out.

Good luck.. He hasn't been back and when he was around he didn't share the file....i had one made and it looked like ass so I made one out of metal....came out identical to the printed one...

man thats sucks.... do you have pix of how you made yours?

Picture of how I made it ?.....no....basically bent a 4 sided box 3" deep, with radius corners....and welded a bottom on it....then bent taps identical to the one on the shifter boot and welded them on it.....the sprayed the entire thing with bed liner to muffle any sounds to get rid of that metal sound....

I recently bought a 2015 PIU and I am currently looking for a stock center console to put in. Looking for some recommendations on where to buy one for a reasonable price, and also how hard it is to install?
Me too if you get a hit on who takes them out post it cause I have had zero luck ty Napoleone

They are only somewhat hard to find for reasonable prices.

There is always the option to purchase the entire center console from Ford parts, or to buy a retail center console from any 2011-2018 model and then order just the top and back finish panels from Ford parts.
Why don't you post the place and gem part number? I don't get the secret stuff

I was searching for the oem detective console for a while, only found one on craigslist in Michigan but pick up only. I ended up ordering a retail center console off ebay and installing it. I am going to attempt to 3D printer pockets for the shifter and terrain selector when i get time.

Why don't you post the place and gem part number? I don't get the secret stuff
There's no secret stuff. You and anyone else can access the ford parts site or contact a dealer and look up/order any parts you like. The bulk of the console is the same between the PIU and retail models - it's basically the top plate (no shifter cutout ~$2-300 from ford) and back plate (no HVAC or other cutouts ~$200 from ford) that are different for the PIU. You can buy a retail console from wherever and use it as is or order the PIU parts to convert it if you want. Make sure you get the cup holder inserts as they are super pricey for some odd reason.

As far as sources for used stuff, you can search the net and make phone calls the same way I do, and I am sure many others do as well, to find stuff. They aren't a terribly common option from the factory, so they aren't going to be super easy to find used, but they are out there from time to time. There were more of them out there a few years ago than I've seen lately, but I've seen a few dealers that specialize in used police cars that started to buy them up for the vehicles they were selling. Some of these dealers are also buying up retail and aftermarket consoles just to put something in their vehicles to hopefully sell them faster (and for more $) than without a center console (i.e. Chicago Motors).

As mentioned, there's one on Craigslist in Detroit Metro - Michigan right now for local pickup.

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
As KayGee mentioned, there is no 'secret' stuff here. An Internet search and there are several links that came up; 2015 piu center console - Google Search Here is what comes up on the Auto Nation site; Rear Console for 2015 Ford Police Interceptor Utility | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake

Peter
I've also been searching for a while for a PIU OEM "Detective" console with no results. If anyone comes by one, I'll like to know as well. Thank you!

I've also been searching for a while for a PIU OEM "Detective" console with no results. If anyone comes by one, I'll like to know as well. Thank you!
Good luck in your quest.

Peter

I've also been searching for a while for a PIU OEM "detective" console with no results. If anyone comes by one, I'll like to know as well. Thank you!
Here's an ultra rare center console removed from a police suv that had a console shifter and rear hvac controls on the back of the center console. Shifter and hvac controls not included though.

2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 Ford Explorer Floor Front Center Console (A) | eBay

Stay safe out there. Lots of unscrupulous and ignorant folks on the bay of e...

Here's an ultra rare center console removed from a police suv that had a console shifter and rear hvac controls on the back of the center console. Shifter and hvac controls not included though.

2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 Ford Explorer Floor Front Center Console (A) | eBay

Stay safe out there. Lots of unscrupulous and ignorant folks on the bay of e...

^this is just a retail model console. No PIU comes with floor mounted shifter.

BTW I still have my retail console shell. Its missing several pieces but if anyone wants it PM me.

^this is just a retail model console. No PIU comes with floor mounted shifter.

BTW I still have my retail console shell. Its missing several pieces but if anyone wants it PM me.

I think the post was a bit of sarcasm. A warning that eBay sellers are not always in the know or purposely lie.

I think the post was a bit of sarcasm. A warning that eBay sellers are not always in the know or purposely lie.

Which is also very true of society in general.

I got ready to install my XLT console in my '13 PIU and ran across a metal frame piece under the radio. It holds the front panel that has the 2 power points on it. Do I need to cut the bracket off or can it be removed an other way?

I got ready to install my XLT console in my '13 PIU and ran across a metal frame piece under the radio. It holds the front panel that has the 2 power points on it. Do I need to cut the bracket off or can it be removed an other way?

There's 2 bolts on the back side in the upper corners that hold them in. Just unbolt it....

There's 2 bolts on the back side in the upper corners that hold them in. Just unbolt it....

Thanks, I found the bolts and was working on second bolt when I got your message.

Went in great and now looking for the next project to add to the upgrade list. Thinking, adding third row seating.

Hey, Im new to the forum , i just picked up a 15' PIU and im wanting to add the factory console. Where can i get the oem console without the shifter?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey, Im new to the forum , i just picked up a 15' PIU and im wanting to add the factory console. Where can i get the oem console without the shifter?
Your post was merged with this existing one. Good luck.

Peter

Back