Explorer Police Interceptor | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Police Interceptor

That might have been the case with this vehicles predecessor, a 2008 CVPI. However this one is a 2013, with 20000km when I got it, and it was a Ford LE "demo", so it never saw any action.

What type of demo? Often times demo units are tested by agencies and ran through EVOC courses, etc to see just how durable and dependable they are....or it could have been a lighting demo that just drove to shows, etc.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What type of demo? Often times demo units are tested by agencies and ran through EVOC courses, etc to see just how durable and dependable they are....or it could have been a lighting demo that just drove to shows, etc.

I'm guessing it was the latter. It had all the "bells & whistles" and was used to showcase the PI at LE Dept's.

The real question is is there a braking system issue?

I have over 29000 miles on my sport with no brake issues so far... That said - there have been some minor whining in the police market about brakes that are never good enough.. but good enough in the police marketplace should be very very good in the civilian marketplace..

Even when we try to think we are being really hard on our personally owned vehicles, it is no where near what battle the normal patrol vehicle is put though pretty much each shift.

You have to look at the theory of Personally owned vs. Tool.....

While I think i am hard on my vehicle on some days by romping on it here and there and tossing it through some corners, my worst days are the best days in the days of LE ...

While I understand your point, I was surprised by the severity and degradation of the brakes, for instance the front rotors were blue and the pads were cracked. I suppose I was thinking that given my driving style that it wouldn't have ended that bad? I guess it's time to change my habits.

I was also surprised that it's recommended that your rotate your tires ever 10000kms?

I'm not sure if standard replacement parts were an option on my vehicle? I don't know if the rotors and pads could be "crossed over" from a regular Explorer? Thanks for the comments. Cheers

That might have been the case with this vehicles predecessor, a 2008 CVPI. However this one is a 2013, with 20000km when I got it, and it was a Ford LE "demo", so it never saw any action.

With that kind of mileage on it, what exactly do you think they demo'd?

Any chance we can get some info on the 3.7 Cyclone motor?? Does it come in the Lincoln?

Back