Center console shift indicator light and glove box light??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Center console shift indicator light and glove box light???

Sharpster

Reaction score
City, State
Alexandria, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019, Explorer, Limited
Hello, Thanks for any help. I know this typic has been previously discussed, but I wanted to add some specific detail to my question. I have a 2019 Ford Explorer Limited. I purchased this vehicle used and noticed that there was no light illuminating the gear shifter letters on the center consul between the two seats. I also noticed no light in the glove box. Since I have no reference for these lights, I had to take it back to the dealer. Now after having the vehicle for two days the dealer just called and said that the limited the 2019 Limited did not have a center console gearshift letter light illumination or a glovebox light come with a light. The dealer told me that they were able to add a light to the center consul gearshift letter illumination but the glove box did not come with a light and it’s not wired for a light. On every car I’ve had since like 2008 there’s been a light in the glove box and I’m talking about cheap cars. Is it really possible that Ford did not put a light in the glove box in the 2019 Explore Limited!?!

Questions:

1. Does the 2019 Explorer have a light in the glove box?

2. Does the 2019 Explorer have a center console light illuminating the gear shift letters?

Thanks!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sadly No to both. There is a glovebox light delete plate installed in my 19 Limited, but no light.

They also removed the "Scan" feature from Sync 3. Bad Ford. :sawzall:

I just ordered 6 of these, will put one in the glovebox and center console.

Can't even add an Amazon link, just search for these

BUTTON LAMP Adhesive LEDs Light Package - Lightweight, Ultra Small, Ultra Bright LED Utility Lights - 6 Pack (BL-6885)​

Questions:

1. Does the 2019 Explorer have a light in the glove box?

2. Does the 2019 Explorer have a center console light illuminating the gear shift letters?

Thanks!!!
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Looks like you got the answer.

Peter

I ordered the glovebox light and wiring pigtail at the dealer. Will be installing soon...

Back