• Register Today It's free!

Center console trim problem

RandyH2

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limited AWD
Something to watch: the trim piece that runs along the transmission tunnel on the passenger side is removed for access during MFT updates. The trim piece in mine no longer stays attached and has bowed out creating a noticeable gap right where every passenger will see it. I took it in to be fixed once already...

Something to watch: the trim piece that runs along the transmission tunnel on the passenger side is removed for access during MFT updates. The trim piece in mine no longer stays attached and has bowed out creating a noticeable gap right where every passenger will see it. I took it in to be fixed once already...
RandyH2,

I confirmed that Brian is scheduled to follow up on Thursday. I still have your Explorer’s details, so let me know via PM if you’d like me to arrange a call sooner.

Cory

Would removing the trim still be necessary when we are able to do our own updates off a USB fob? I'm sort of puzzled as so what they need to access there? (Sorry, still waiting for delivery, so can't check myself, yet :) )

Would removing the trim still be necessary when we are able to do our own updates off a USB fob? I'm sort of puzzled as so what they need to access there? (Sorry, still waiting for delivery, so can't check myself, yet :) )

My Tech told me that back when only the dealership could do updates they had two methods doing it.

First they would try through the Media Hub USB port.

If that didn't work they would remove the side trim on console and grab a USB cable from inside. Baxterdown had a great pictorial on this process a few months back and it shows the USB cable sticking out from the passenger side of the console.

Im guessing now that won't be required if future updates are done by the owner through the Media Hub.

Back