Certified Calibration with Platinum cluster | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Certified Calibration with Platinum cluster

Volksjager

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 PIU EB
Anyone know how to do this to a platinum cluster swap in forscan? Asking here because this is a PIU thing.
IMG_3635.jpeg

Before removing your old cluster, save the as-built data. Then swap clusters and do the same with your new one. Then upload and write the PIU data into the new cluster. You can then go in to the non-asbuilt configuration and try turning things off and on as you would like. Just do one or two things at a time though or else you may find yourself unable to track down bugs as they pop up. The only reason you want to backup the new cluster before writing the PIU is in case you decided to get rid of it and sell it you can reupload the original asbuilt. Hope this helps.

Before removing your old cluster, save the as-built data. Then swap clusters and do the same with your new one. Then upload and write the PIU data into the new cluster. You can then go in to the non-asbuilt configuration and try turning things off and on as you would like. Just do one or two things at a time though or else you may find yourself unable to track down bugs as they pop up. The only reason you want to backup the new cluster before writing the PIU is in case you decided to get rid of it and sell it you can reupload the original asbuilt. Hope this helps.
Thank you!

Thank you!
After you get it working report back your experience. I would be interested in doing this to mine as well. I have done it on my F150 but not on my PIU

Back