Cevebeds build Thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cevebeds build Thread

Cevebed

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 4dr explorer
I will add more details later but here is an album of some of my currently uploaded pictures.

http://img684.imageshack.us/g/032gifp.jpg/

i currently am running 31 toyos with 3.73 gear and a 3 inch body lift.

i just got done installing the 5 1/2 & 6” 4WD Stage 3 Suspension Systems for Bronco II, Ranger & Explorer
PART# 5053-3 - Stage 3 Suspension, 91-94 Explorer, 5-5.5 $1895
(http://www.jamesduff.com/newproducts/new_bronco2.asp)

ive updated the front end with a new custom steel bumper new headlight assy with HID kit installed and new solid black grill, as well as aftermarket tail lights with all LED lights install front and rear.
i just got down pulling the running boards off to allow for more side clearance and planning on adding rock slidders here in the next few months

aftermarket front seats by corbeau
http://www.corbeau.com/products/reclining_seats/baja_rs/

next steps in my build:
-new rear bumper
-arb air lockers front and rear with 5:13 gears
-37" superswamper irok radials with full size spare on a rear bumper swing away
-fenderflares
on the horizon"
-big 3 upgrade
-dual battery setup
-rebuild a spare engine with more HP
-supercharger
when shes not my daily driver
-complete gut out
-internal roll cage
-SAS possibly
-new bigger tires
-new gears
-much more

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dang. Very cool ride.

That is an awesome amount of flex. Do you run your sway bars connected? That kit come with extended radius arms?

Nice truck!

i run with no sway bar all the time. for the most part it is very street worthy. yes the kit does come with extended radius arms. the kit is completely bolt on and very straight forward install. with just 31's i am extremely suprised with the ammount of flex my X has at the moment. my buddys truck in a couple of pics in my albums i crawled right up on to his 38.5 swampers. other then that im excited about new gears and tires and then seeing what it will do.

Hope you dont plan on wheeling it with 37s. The front d35 will self destruct. lol

Duff parts are top notch. I love mine. Worth every penny.

I've read your registry and seen how you've wheeled Fox...not sure it "self-destructed"...I think you helped it do that ;)

heres some more recent pics for u guys

picture.php

picture.php

37x12.50x15 irok radials! i love them so far! just got my diffs and gears today then i will be ready for the trails

looks awesome. im curious about you exhaust tho.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/010qs.jpg/
why 2 dumped pipes? just a dual out muffler or is there something else not seen?

hey foxracin, question..
d35 ttb + 37 + 5.13 + trails/rocks/etc = bad
that one i knew. but..
d35 ttb + 37 + 5.13 + mud holes/easy trail with a few bumps/daily driver = ??
of course locked also

The exhaust is a work in progress. It is a flow master II muffler with dual out the back out the back of it. When I did the James duff lift the old exhaust tubes that were routed through the stock suspension were riding against the new shocks so I temp chopped them about a foot behind the muffler. I am planning on redo the exhaust completely headers back. Which leads to a good question?

Anyone have any good recommendation for what to buy as far as headers, high flow cats, and muffler?

I was thinking of sticking with a flow master II muffler but I am up for any suggestions

I did end up ordering my gears and I decided to put 4.88’s in for now because my X is still my DD until I find a suitable replacement. Which put it close to stock gearing.

looks awesome. im curious about you exhaust tho.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/010qs.jpg/
why 2 dumped pipes? just a dual out muffler or is there something else not seen?

hey foxracin, question..
d35 ttb + 37 + 5.13 + trails/rocks/etc = bad
that one i knew. but..
d35 ttb + 37 + 5.13 + mud holes/easy trail with a few bumps/daily driver = ??
of course locked also

Depends on how heavy your foot is and how thick/deep the mud will be. Mud will tear stuff up also.

Good call on the 4.88 vs. the 5.13s. The 5.13s are to weak if you want to do any real wheeling. The pinion on them is way to small to be strong.

So... How many broken D35 5.13 pinions have you actually seen?

Ive seen pictures of 2 broken ones. But then again it all depends on how you drive just like on everything else. Every combo and situation is different.

Depends on how heavy your foot is and how thick/deep the mud will be. Mud will tear stuff up also.
i like to do 0-60 times on my way to work every morning...
as far as mud, i have pics in my thread, its maybe 1-2ft deep ruts in areas, with mud and water in them. and a large clearing with 6" deep mud.
want to go to the beach, shoe creek, uwharrie at some point. i mean id take it easy, wouldnt go nuts on the skinny pedal

still ok? i do kinda want a d44 tho, just cant be bought as is, every combo needs something done to it to make it work how i want it. unless you know of a 60" HP .0297(i think, whatever the 8.8 is) u-joint, flat top, disc brake, 31 spline(or bigger i guess) d44 i can buy? lol

Anyone have any good recommendation for what to buy as far as headers, high flow cats, and muffler?
dont run with an open y-pipe, i got 1.1mpg lol

headers: i have JBAs, expensive but i got them used for cheap. so i would suggest pacesetters; strip the paint, paint them with ceramic paint, and then bake them.

cats: is really 1 cat in 2 sections. a high flow cat should be better and prob ok for emissions. or stab the insides of yours out and have a pipe put inside and welded tight around it.
im gonna buy 'super-duper high flow cats' for mine(straight pipe with a shell that looks like a cat would around it)

muffler: super 44 is the loudest, 50 series suv is very quiet, and i have 40 series in my garage ive havent heard yet. im guessing it you get into 10 series single chambers they would be pretty loud, more then the super 44.
i have mine 'dumped' after the cat; right before a muffler would go is where my exhaust stops. i like the sound and the volume of it. but i want it louder lol

i really love the loud ass sound of open y-pipe, remove everything after the y-pipe. sounds like a tractor kinda. im hoping the fake cat will help achieve that sound again without loosing backpressure for my new bearings and keep my 11mpg. and i can always add a muffler if i get pulled over

Ive seen pictures of 2 broken ones. But then again it all depends on how you drive just like on everything else. Every combo and situation is different.

Are these pics available for viewing anywhere? (link?)

heres some more recent pics for u guys

picture.php

picture.php

:thumbsup:Nice looking Ex. How is the duff lift holding up for you? Any quirks or problems?

What size rims did you go with 15x8's or 15x10's and what back space 3.75?

If I stick with the TTB this is the lift I want to get but I also have a Dana 44 and 9 in to rebuild and go sas if I go that route....... want to play but need the money first:D

Back