Changed the battery now wont start!?!?! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Changed the battery now wont start!?!?!

SWADE23

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 EDDIE BAUER
1996 explorer

i just changed the battery on my wifes explorer and now the factory alarm wont let me start the truck without pushing the reset button on the bottom of the dash board.

Before i changed the battery it started fine. Now after i disarm the alarm from the remote, i have to put the key in turn it to accessory press the alarm reset button then start!! What a pain in the ass!

Can someone help me please!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Reset button's didn't come on the stock alarm.

Do you have any information on the alarm system that's installed?

reset button's didn't come on the stock alarm.

Do you have any information on the alarm system that's installed?

are you certain? Maybe reset is the wrong word. There is a button at the bottom of the dash that has to do with the alarm. I know this cause the little red light near the steering column stops blinking when i press it. Maybe its not a reset but somesort of are/disarm. When i purchased the truck years ago the guy i bought it from who was the original owner told me this was the factory alarm.

The factory alarm didnt have a valet switch (reset button, as you called it). They also didnt have a small led drilled into the dash. They had an anti-theft light in the cluster. You have an aftermarket alarm, maybe dealer installed, but not factory.

i have a similar problem, and there seems to be no way to resolve it...

i didnt install it and it seems to be the same as everyone elses... it has 3 buttons on the key fob, lock unlock and panic, see the link in my sig for more info

Back