Changing the exhaust tips on the ST | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Changing the exhaust tips on the ST

Better yet, don't fully close the door. That is what I always did when jumping out to get my mail from the local curbside mailbox.
BTW, a member had asked their dealer to disable the double honk and was refused. I guess it is considered a 'safety' feature.

Peter
The "safety" explanation sound right, you can disable using Forscan though..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, I know. I'll simply leave the fob in the car when I get out to retrieve my mail. I simply don't feel like jacking with forscan when the solution is so simple.

The "safety" explanation sound right, you can disable using Forscan though..
I posted in the 5th gen Forum that on a couple of occasions when I was in a rush I hit the Start/Stop button and got out of the vehicle, closed the door and got the double honk. The engine was still running. Now if that feature was disabled and it happened in the garage who knows what might have happened. :dunno:

Peter

I posted in the 5th gen Forum that on a couple of occasions when I was in a rush I hit the Start/Stop button and got out of the vehicle, closed the door and got the double honk. The engine was still running. Now if that feature was disabled and it happened in the garage who knows what might have happened. :dunno:

Peter
Car shuts itself off after 10min max

I forgot about that Automatic Engine Shutdown. The Manual on my 2017 states the following;
Note: If the engine is idling for 30 minutes,
the ignition and engine automatically shut
down.

Peter

Car shuts itself off after 10min max
Using the remote startup. 30 min duration if in park after startup using the dash button. Thankfully, that can be shut off in Sync3

Thoughts? I ask because i live off a 2 mile dirt road in the high desert and with the exhaust pointing down it blows one heck of a lot of dirt up and onto the rear window and hatch every time we go down the dirt road, it is so bad i don't want to look at it while parked in garage. Not to mention it looks terrible driving it somewhere.

Peter

Back