• Register Today It's free!

changing the front end?

jsplash88

Reaction score
City, State
indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 ford sport trac
Sure you guys have been asked this before I'm just a curious person. So sorry if this has been asked alot.

So I have a sport trac exs 2005 and I know the front end is the same as the two door sport explorer and not the four door. I didn't know if there was a way to get the for door explorer front end on my truck?

If not has anyone found a billet grill that is one piece? If I can't change it I would like to cut the middle part of the grill out. You know the part that says ford.
I would like that whole thing to be one piece billet grill. So if anyone knows anything on this please feel free to give me advice.

If you have pictures of any front end customizations please post pictures. I enjoy seeing what people have done to their st's.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cant help much with the front end part but as far as changing the grill I have seen some people do what you are talking about. But it's all custom there isn't a one-piece grill that I've seen available.

thanks TG. I would like to open it up in the grill area so I can put some lights behind the grill. I was thinking about buying an explorer 4 door grill and working it into place cutting what i need to here and there. Well thanks again.

as far as i know fenders, hood, and bumper/grill section are all different. that being said im not sure about the radiator support and mounts for these pieces

Do you think the doghouse's can be interchanged?

Back