• Register Today It's free!

Billet grill on a '95?

Ford_Power

Reaction score
City, State
Omaha, NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
I'm planning on putting a billet grill on my '95 XLT but I would like to do so without having to pay someone to cut up the plastic on the existing grill because the front piece is just one solid piece and the existing grill doesn't come out separate. does anyone have any tips for doing this yourself? or does anyone know of a place where you can order a piece with the billet grill installed in place of the stock grill so that its one piece and doesn't require cutting? i'm sure you guys have some advice cause almost everyone has a billet.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

most of the billit grilles just slide on over the stck grille and attach with zip-tie like fasteners, requiring no modifications to the existing grille

Thats how mine is. You just might need to paint your stock grill black so you can't see it as easily behind the billet.

The billet grill on ebay attaches with zip-ties. Most of your big name billet grill makers (i.e. Stull, Carriage Works, etc) require cutting of the inside of the grill.

You could do what I did, buy the Explorer Express billet grill. Doesn't require drilling or cutting but it's about twice the cost of any other billet grill.

So the $180 billet grille on Explorer Express is one piece? instead of buying a $100 one that is only the grille insert right?

Unfortunately, no, the EE grill is still an insert. They have high prices. SportTrucking.com has whole grill shells with the inserts in them (one piece) for $260.

so i just ordered my APC billet grill from the online AAP store. i got the polished one which I assume is nicer looking. does anyone have pics or specific advice to installing it on a '95? maybe a thread or something?

Hey Ford_Power Im planning on getting a grill soon and just wanted to know how you liked the APC grill. Is that the APC grill in the pictures? Was it tough to install?

Back