"charging system service now" alarm, coming up | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

"charging system service now" alarm, coming up

If they didn’t give you an itemized breakdown they are trying to pull something. It’s probably against Ford policy. Call and ask for an itemized printout of what the did, and the charges.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Four days ago I got the Charging System Service Now on my 2017 Ford Explorer 4WD Sport Edition 78,000 miles. It would come on about 15 seconds after starting it and would go away after a few minutes. Now it comes on and stays on. It's our only car and we have children so I am freaked out I'm going to be left stranded. I have been reading all of these threads so I know what to say when I bring it in for service. Do you recommend taking to dealership or can I go to my local repair shop I trust. I just wish people that posted earlier would come back and give updates so the rest of us know what to do. Any help anyone can give would be great.
Nichole

Four days ago I got the Charging System Service Now on my 2017 Ford Explorer 4WD Sport Edition 78,000 miles. It would come on about 15 seconds after starting it and would go away after a few minutes. Now it comes on and stays on. It's our only car and we have children so I am freaked out I'm going to be left stranded. I have been reading all of these threads so I know what to say when I bring it in for service. Do you recommend taking to dealership or can I go to my local repair shop I trust. I just wish people that posted earlier would come back and give updates so the rest of us know what to do. Any help anyone can give would be great.
Nichole
You should post in the forum for those years, this is 2020+
Can't hurt to get a free battery/alternator test at local parts shop.

I ended up disconnecting the battery overnight. This resolved the issues.

If they didn’t give you an itemized breakdown they are trying to pull something. It’s probably against Ford policy. Call and ask for an itemized printout of what the did, and the charges.
Hi, All: the car was fixed finally after a month. When they told me that the problem was alternator, later blamed the powertrain control module, I felt upset of the results . this time they told me that they found a corrosion wire to the module, I know they got the problem this time. Anyway, I am pleased as the problem be fixed. Thanks for everyone's help!

Nichole
Welcome to the Forum Nicole. :wave:
I've moved your post to the correct forum and merged it with this existing one.
I totally agree that it's frustrating when a member posts a problem but then fails to follow up. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can e done about that except to see if the member is still around and ask for a reply.
If you don't have an extended warranty then you can take your vehicle to any repair facility you wish and that you feel comfortable with.

Peter

Back