Chassis VIN number help is needed. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Chassis VIN number help is needed.

Quick Update...
I never did find the number. Instead I had a new one put on. The garage I used had to send off for a kit for inscribing/punching it onto the chassis but once they had it it was quick to do and was readily accepted by the testing garage. The VIN on the driver's door and the one visible through the windscreen were already there.
The car is still going strong and has just passed its second bi-annual french CT test. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have to bring in testing the hitch to transport horses and without the VIN stamped into the frame do not accept me.
I urgently need to solve the problem

I just ran into the issue of needing another VIN besides the driver's door one and low and behold there is one right underneath the driver's side headlight access door... If I would have known this about 8 hours ago it would have saved me a 3rd trip to the DMV that is an hour away!

hi, what do you mean with headlight acces door ? i have an Explorer from Dubai 2015, trying to get registered but the technical Agency in Germany need VIN on the chasis...... we have looking 2 hurs and nothing found (only behind windowsshield but it is not marked directly on the chasis)... Is there someone the have found other VIN on Chassis or car Frame ?

Back