• Register Today It's free!

Check Engine Light

jewaba

Reaction score
City, State
El Paso, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport Trac
The Check Engine Light came on and initially indicated a bad Air Flow Sensor. Changed it and at first appeared to have solved the problem.

Symptoms are; it fluctuates at idle and bogs slightly at takeoff. No power loss or lost fuel economy. Problem seems more pronounced after the engine gets to normal operating temp.

OBD Codes indicates "too lean" fuel trim at limit. Occasionally, a bad EGR Valve and lack of O2.

Any suggestions?????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! Do you have the actual code numbers? These things could also be related to the ECT sensor, DPFE sensor, leaking vacuum lines, leaking intake manifold gaskets as well as the MAF sensor.

OBD Codes

The actual codes are: P0171;P0174;p0151

I had a feeling that those were the code numbers. Check for vacuum leaks on the vacuum lines, and the intake manifold gaskets. Sometimes bad spark plugs could cause a lean mixture due to a lack of sufficient combustion.

The Check Engine Light came on and initially indicated a bad Air Flow Sensor. Changed it and at first appeared to have solved the problem.

Symptoms are; it fluctuates at idle and bogs slightly at takeoff. No power loss or lost fuel economy. Problem seems more pronounced after the engine gets to normal operating temp.

OBD Codes indicates "too lean" fuel trim at limit. Occasionally, a bad EGR Valve and lack of O2.

Any suggestions?????

hey.. so i have a bad maf and i was wondering where did u get yours and what style air box do you have??? cuz i cant find the dam thing anywhere and i refuse to clean it.. and i cat believe that there wouldnt be a dam replacememnt.. i have the cone air box

I had a feeling that those were the code numbers. Check for vacuum leaks on the vacuum lines, and the intake manifold gaskets. Sometimes bad spark plugs could cause a lean mixture due to a lack of sufficient combustion.
Thanx for the advice!!!

Will do those things today.

hey.. so i have a bad maf and i was wondering where did u get yours and what style air box do you have??? cuz i cant find the dam thing anywhere and i refuse to clean it.. and i cat believe that there wouldnt be a dam replacememnt.. i have the cone air box
I bought the one I used from a local AutoZone.

I have another, brand new, that is incorrect for my vehicle. If you'd like, I'll photo it and send you the picture. If it is the correct one for your vehicle I'll sell it to you for $80.00 and mail or ship it to you.

awesome shhot me a picture to my email and i should be able to tell if its the right on or not... thanks

Back