• Register Today It's free!

check engine light

jacobl

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
I have a 2002 ford explorer xlt 4x4 with the 4.0L V6. It has a little over 107k miles and is changed with 5w-30 mobil 1 synthetic oil every 5k miles. Yesterday after i filled the fuel tank with 87 octane gas from the mobil station up the street. drove it a bit and the "service engine soon" light came on. What could have caused this to happen and what could be the problem?

Thanks for all your help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The gas cap is tight and the truck was not runnig when it was filled up with gas.

the truck is running really crappy, and it accelerates like its pulling a heavy trailer and it is sort of chugging, could it be the fuel filter? It idles smooth.

help please! going on 5 hour trip i a few days!

I got the trouble code read and it states "EGR flow insufficient". How do i fix this? What do i need to replace? Will i damage my truck if i still drive it for a couple weeks with this problem?

Thanks for your help!:)

Went to order the sensor today. Autozone is out of stock and their vendor is out of stock. Will driving my truck for a week with the sensor messed up damage my engine?

It costs about 46 dollars. I will try carquest tomorrow.

well, i got a new sensor from the dealership. It cost me 73 dollars. The sensor went in easy and the "service engine soon" light hasn't come back on.

Back