Check Out What I have done to my Explorer Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Check Out What I have done to my Explorer Sport

Originally posted by phat01expsport
Can you post a thread for me please.
Dead Link Removed
Good to hear the moldings are on order, they should look real nice when on!

Robb

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My Windows go tinted last weekend I'll have pics of that In the next couple of days. I didn't black out the front windows, Cuz I don't want a ticket. So Cal cops like to give tickets for that. My brother had is 01 cobra windows blacked out and on the first day he got a fix-it ticket on top of $55. No thanks Charlie!

Did the bumpers originally have a rough finish on them and did the bumpers have to be sanded smooth prior to painting?

Originally posted by Rscotts1
Did the bumpers originally have a rough finish on them and did the bumpers have to be sanded smooth prior to painting?

It did have a rough finish, they didn't have to sand it. Lots of clearcoat took care of that. They wanted more than twice as much to sand all the parts.

One last question Phat, did they have to remove those pieces from your X, or did they paint them in place?

Originally posted by Rscotts1
One last question Phat, did they have to remove those pieces from your X, or did they paint them in place?

They had to remove them, if you want it done right. If you want it done right, they have to paint it, and then sand it, and then paint it again.

Lower it....Get a Rollpan....And enter it in a light truck show. It is very very nice.

Very, Very NICE man!

[No flaming, yes i did use capitals!] ;)

Nice ride and nice interior on your house

I think there is too many flowers and plants outside but the inside is real nice and love the TV and stereo setup. THe rims look reaaly nice on your X and here in Wisconsin you would get pulled over for those tail lights glad they are legal by you. The truck is real nice and dam you are hitting hard with those subs. Keep up the good work.:D

Awesome truck man i have a 2001 Sport 2WD also man that looks nice. I have a few questions real quick. Like who did you bring your grey molding to to get painted like a body shop or what. I have been thinking of doing it to mine i have a dark blue one its called wedgwood blue. I have seen blacked out taillights but yours look real dark almost like plastic blackouts. Oh and please tell me where you got your whole Billet grille set up at i have been looking form awhile. Thanks man and we should talk more us Ex 2001 Sports need to stick together man. Later

That is a real good looking X man. I've always liked the black sports, and yours is probably the best i've seen as far as the 2k1's go. Looks a ton better by painting the moldings all black and stuff, I also like the blacked out taillights. Catch you later

Originally posted by Johhny Island
Awesome truck man i have a 2001 Sport 2WD also man that looks nice. I have a few questions real quick. Like who did you bring your grey molding to to get painted like a body shop or what. I have been thinking of doing it to mine i have a dark blue one its called wedgwood blue. I have seen blacked out taillights but yours look real dark almost like plastic blackouts. Oh and please tell me where you got your whole Billet grille set up at i have been looking form awhile. Thanks man and we should talk more us Ex 2001 Sports need to stick together man. Later

Sorry for the delay, I haven't recieved any e-mail notices. I don't know why. Anyways I did have the car at a body shop, they charged me $500 to paint the gray and tint my tail lights. If you have any other questions e-mail me at dgussin1@aol.com. Holla

Back