cherry bomb vortex kit

swetrid

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Reading Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Eddie Bauer
Anybody install one or have any sound clips, comments? Im looking to change the exhaust and had the Mac 3" kit on my last 5.0L Explorer and droned a little too much for me on long trips.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No sound clips but I'm partial to cherry bomb products. The vortex is a good muffler. Shouldn't drone too bad for your app.

i gotta glass pack on mine, doesnt drone, good sound.... its a Y pipe then glass pack out stock pipe. love cherry bomb! plus its only 30$!

i gotta glass pack on mine, doesnt drone, good sound.... its a Y pipe then glass pack out stock pipe. love cherry bomb! plus its only 30$!

What size inlet/outlet for the Y-Pipe? Where did you source it? Which model Cherry Bomb GlassPack did you get? Do you have an installation schematic or photos?

What size inlet/outlet for the Y-Pipe? Where did you source it? Which model Cherry Bomb GlassPack did you get? Do you have an installation schematic or photos?

no i do not, i had a shop weld it on, but they screwed me over. i was gonna wled it myself, but didnt feel like messin with it..last time ill ever go to that shop..... its 2.25 in and out. and its there smallest one. i think overall length was only 13 inches, with a core of 9 inches? i cant get on there website anymore for some reason??? id send you a link but cant.... i looked up he part number at there sight. then went to autozone and told them the part number.... in got it in like two days.... its loud enough to hear it a lil at about 18-1900 rpms then its got a good sound outside, but not super loud.... i like it

My plan is for a 2.25" inlets w/ 2.5" outlet Y-Pipe, 2.5" Cherry Bomb GlassPack, and a 2.5" Walker mid-pipe.

31MRYCB81YL._SS500_.jpg

glasspacks-cutaway_lg.jpg

21NDLMojd4L._SS500_.jpg

My plan is for a 2.25" inlets w/ 2.5" outlet Y-Pipe, 2.5" Cherry Bomb GlassPack, and a 2.5" Walker mid-pipe.

31MRYCB81YL._SS500_.jpg

glasspacks-cutaway_lg.jpg

21NDLMojd4L._SS500_.jpg

yeap sounds good! tell me how it is when your done!

How much is all of this costing you?

And this is all a pretty good set or would it hurt horsepower? Also curious if this would cause drone.

i honestly dont know if youl gain HP, it wont hurt it..... i dont have a drone on the high way... you can only hear it with the windows down and the radio off, and about 1800-2000 rpms..... i love it , it is a lil more peppier!

Well.....a 12" glasspack has to be louder than OEM muffler. Most OEM systems are tuned to be quiet......not for performance. That is why OEM systems have huge mufflers and resonators. Hopefully, the glasspack will be less restrictive, and the midpipe with mandrel bends will offer a better exhaust flow. All that I worry about is loss of backpressure. You do need some backpressure for torque. Don't forget what they say about horsepower selling cars, but torque winning races. All that horsepower in the higher end does not mean a thing if you can't jump off the line. And in this case, with my family station wagon, it doesn't mean a thing if I can't get up & go with my boat hitched to the back.

You know what I like about exhaust theory? It's almost as fun as a motor oil debate. But not quite as much fun as gas additives.

Back