• Register Today It's free!

CID/214 questions???

raolds

Reaction score
City, State
Tega Cay, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Hi! Brand new to working on Explorers as this one is my girlfriend's. It is a 1994 4-Dr XLT 2 wheel drive with the 4.0 SOHC V6. Ever since she got it, it has had a CEL come on 10 to 15 seconds after starting the engine and remains on. Engine starts easily and runs well for an Explorer with over 181,000 miles on it. However, not sure that it is even the original engine. Got a code reader and when I do the scan, I always get these numbers 111-10-214. Understand the 111 is a success code and that the 10 is a seperator. Read the description on the 214 code so spent today just trying to find all the parts and where they are at. Checked the ICM for corrosion but all looks well. Will check the voltage from the CKP module but would the engine even run if this was bad? Could not locate the CMP module as the pictures in the manual looked like a reasonably sized unit?? From everything I have read here and elsewhere, it seems like the CMP module is the most probable one at fault????? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!!!

rich Dead Link Removed

Back